Thread: After installing windows 7 64Bits on my Laptop it is unable to start

After installing windows 7 64Bits on my Laptop it is unable to start

I have a Laptop Dell Studio XPS 16, but came from the factory with Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit, I bought a few months ago Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and preferably do a clean install rather than upgrade directly from Vista, since first I came running very well and in fact installed a few days I decided to use the "Hibernate" every time I went to turn, and I find this method more practical and few times basically Windows booted normally 7 was when an upgrade or installation of any product is warranted. The fact is that yesterday when I logged the previous day stay Hibernating, gave a boot failure (can not remember literally saying), started booting again but this time left 2 options: 1 Repairs to boot into Windows 7 Windows 7 to 2 Initiate normally. I select repair, it takes several minutes (more than expected), until finally (and graphical display) out various options, which select the first being "Find and Fix Errors Automatically Starting." It takes more than 1 hour, making the search and the final report said that he had made one (1) correction, saw that it was "Registration" and choose the option "Start Again." The fact is that the error returned to general and from there the problem was getting worse, sometimes not any options at startup, and other screen remained totally black from the beginning of boot. Given the situation I decided to get the disk connected as an external disk (with USB adapter) to another PC that has Windows XP, in this case when it detects new hardware in Windows XP says it cannot load the partition and questions if I want to make corrections to load the partition, select it and almost instantly if I said that so it cannot be corrected and that the disk is inaccessible. Since then I have tried various ways to Repair partition, Windows XP a few times but did not respond until you disconnect the USB cable adapter, now I'm using another Dell laptop that also has Windows 7 Ultimate and I connected the external disk as the adapter, however after several attempts and restarts, the disc is shown in Disk Management, "there noticed that the disk has 2 partitions (one of 100Mb and the other the rest of the disk size), although both say they are NTFS, the first attempt was to use the "chkdsk", when he indicated to chhdsk correct the initial partition of 100MB, it says "Unable to determine the version or the volume status. CHKDSK aborted "and when I try to start making another partition Checking files (stage 1 of 5), then says" We are correcting the wrong information in the file record segment 367 "then" Deleting corrupt attribute record (128, "") from file record segment 367 "and immediately ended and returned to the promt. But when I try to partition, then" Could not complete the application for a device error ". As the partition apparently still has errors. So please help me. I want to clarify that I never enabled Bitlocker, nor have I used any software to encrypt the disk, I say this because I have understood that this partition of 100MB is used by Windows 7 Ultimate precisely when you activate the Bitlocker. My biggest preoccupation is losing some recent data are not saved in the last backup, which to me are very important. Will I try running a Windows Repair using the installation DVD? I'm not very familiar with the Recovery Console, there will be some optimal solution through this method? I appreciate the suggestions that I can contribute in this respect, greetings to all!

Re: After installing windows 7 64Bits on my Laptop it is unable to start

I read this, and this is a grave error: Do not mount a disk on a controller who is not been formatted. That is, a wheel should not extrorsely and mounted externally, nor should it be removed and mounted on another machine unless the controller on the motherboard is identical. If there is no guarantee of anything, or reading, or anything and if they also are used to try the repair program (such as chkdsk), but with the new data that can try to the logical geometry of the disc original control. This can cause lost partitions or irreparable damage forced to reformat. My advice is that if some system to get to see the disk, copy files you drop IMMEDIATE also at fault, and then reformat and reinstall. So just give a try to this I hope this will work.

Well, I hope JMT help you, but if I can help, first go to Start, type CMD and click Run as Administrator, or type it without quotes "sfc / scannow" It took a while and if you get an error, I will leave the path where is the record of this error. Also tell me if you have any antivirus it is, because it can cause damage to the boot disk itself. Let's go step by step we'll see what happens. By the way you updated the BIOS to see if Windows 7 is a version on the website of the manufacturer. And restores the factory settings of the BIOS.

Here regarding the solution I just want to say that this command "sfc / scannow" as used? Because it remembers by the time Windows 7 does not start, I am trying to repair disk connecting it to another laptop with Windows 7 through a USB adapter, so it is detected as an external USB drive. The other thing is that I check the BIOS and is factory original. Apparently they have not released any new or specific version for Windows 7. And finally, you will have knowledge on 100MB Reserved Partition that was generated when installing the Windows 7? What features does it have? Windows 7 Last encrypts by default? What if this partition is damaged? Affects the booting Windows? I ask because even though this partition the sample into Disk Management, said that this "Right" and even assigned a letter, or the CHKDSK or Windows Explorer to access this partition. So if you guys have any suggestion then help me.