Thread: Windows media player 12 won’t play 3gp files from mobile with sound

Windows media player 12 won’t play 3gp files from mobile with sound

I have Microsoft windows 7 with media player 12 and while videos are downloaded from phone the video appears but without sound. Have all updates to date which I know of. I am running windows media player 12.0.7600.16415. Is there anyone here who knows about this? Please provide me some information or some help regarding my issue. Because, I always makes video of image or any other media files in 3gp and always wants to see it in my cell phone with sound. So please give me some hint.

Re: Windows media player 12 won’t play 3gp files from mobile with sound

You will require a codec to play the video file. A codec is software which is utilized to squeeze or decompress a digital media file, for example a song or video. Windows Media Player and additional programs utilize codec to play and create digital media files. You may as well utilize your preferred search engine to download and setup a codec as per the file type you require to utilize.

Is there a bug in the Media Player audio Codec utilized for .3gp files? If there is no audio Codec, should not Media Player say that? Windows 7 plays .3gp video files with no sound. There is no message saying that a Codec is required. File properties say: 3GPP Audio or Video. My most excellent guess from this information is that the audio Codec utilized by Media Player is not functioning. QuickTime works excellent, but I would rather make use of Media Player. I think this is trouble that the majority people making movies with Android and other smart phones by means of 3GPP standards will have. It should possibly be fixed as part of Microsoft Windows 7 despite of the cause.

I don't know the precise and accurate cause, but WMP12 does not play the 3gp files from any Android phone devoid of a small assist. Further, others in my organization have reported extra similar problems also, not just from Android phones. Many of us understand that by installing a 3rd party player or 3rd party codec pack, that we can correct the problem. Specifically, K-Lite codec pack works great to shore up WMP12. My private problem is not that WMP12 does not play these files, but rather that there is a canned reply to direct the user to success.

This is why more and more users switch to Mac. No matter how much Microsoft works on stuff, and sells updates each 3 or 4 years, something is all the time broke with each application. How lots of people have android phones and wish to do something so easy as to play their video with audio. You have to go on a rocket scientist search just to find a third party add-on to the easiest of things. Microsoft knows millions of people require this, but decline to recognize and support spirited products. This format has been around an extended time, and could be fixed with a windows update, but no. Since it is not a Microsoft product, we will leave it semi working and expect they purchase a novel windows 7 phone.