Thread: IEEE1394: Canon VIXIA HV40 HD camcorder not recognized

IEEE1394: Canon VIXIA HV40 HD camcorder not recognized

Microsoft Windows 7 unable to identifies HD camcorder on IEEE1394. Camcorder: Canon Vixia HV40. It is Microsoft Windows 7 well-matched as per Canon website. IEEE1394 card was not accepted at first by Windows 7, therefore reverted to legacy driver, after that card was recognized. Although the camcorder is not recognized .Camcorder is accepted fine on other PC running Microsoft Windows XP with similar IEEE1394 card chosen and installed on that windows XP computer. The similar camcorder is as well not recognized while connected to Windows 7 through a USB port.

Re: IEEE1394: Canon VIXIA HV40 HD camcorder not recognized

Get in touch with Canon for the drivers. Download the Drivers from the maker’s website and setup them in Compatibility mode. If you verify the Operating system for the drivers we discover the drivers just for Windows Vista and not for Windows 7. Therefore, go further on and download and save the driver file and setup the driver Compatibility mode. Just follow below steps to setup the Drivers in Compatibility mode:
    1. Place the executable file for the driver installation program.
    2. Right click on the file, and after that click on Properties.
    3. In the Package Name Properties box, click on the Compatibility tab.
    4. Click to choose the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click on the Windows Vista in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and after that click on OK.
    5. Twice click on the exe file to begin the installation program.
    6. One time you are finished with the setup your Camcorder should currently be spotted by the Windows 7 Operating system.

While camcorder is associated to the IEEE1394 port through a FireWire cable, it doesn’t show up in the device manager in Windows 7. The IEEE1394 card emerges in device manager and device manager says it is functioning okay. If this is a driver trouble then I think the camcorder should as a minimum demonstrate in the device manager viewing a driver error trouble. The camcorder does not even demonstrate in the device manager. On one more note: Canon does not present drivers for this camera for windows XP or windows Vista or Windows7 saying that these OS don’t need a driver for this camera.

I have the similar trouble with my HV40. Been through all the threads I can discover at this point and in other forums. I just got my Dell XPS9000, Microsoft Windows 7, 8MB DDR3, Blu-ray burner, and so on. Roxio Creator Premier 10.3 identifies controls and captures video in DV locked or DV out but no video on HDV out. The interesting thing is that later than I learned that you require disconnecting the fire wire cable in regulate to alter the output settings I as well observed that the camera gets recognized in a different way. In DV locked it says: Canon DV Device, In HDV out it says: Canon Vixia HV40 and while I choose the device it begins, goes to not responding after that says: failed to setup components for showing picture or sound in the particulars.

My windows Vista HP OS uses an x1 Firewire Card. My Microsoft Windows 7 HP utilizes a Integrated Firewire. And I as well make use of an External capture card. The PYRO A/V link: Part API-558-EFS, this attached to the Windows 7 PC's integrated port. My camcorders are not HD. I utilize Windows Live Movie Maker to make the wma or wmv 1080p HD Files from the DV file, which was captured using Wide Screen.