Thread: How to sort a playlist by artist name with iPod Shuffle

How to sort a playlist by artist name with iPod Shuffle

I have recently brought myself an iPod shuffle. I am quite impressed with this product and i have been listening to it everyday. Now i was just checking the settings and was looking at the playlists and i found that i had to create various playlists according to my favorite artists. So i was checking whether we can synchronize the songs and create a playlist according to the artist name. So that the songs are synchronized one after another with the name of the artist. I was not getting the exact setting. So can you all help me out with this one. The product is new to me and i have never owned a iPod before. So do help me out with this one.

Re: How to sort a playlist by artist name with iPod Shuffle

Well definitely you can and the task is also simple. What you can do is that you can check on the playlist. Separate your favorite tracks and add them in a particular folder. Like if you want to create a playlist of artist named eminem then create a playlist of eminem and add all the songs of eminem in the particular playlist. For the next artist create a separate playlist and all the artist tracks in the playlist. Once you are done with that just you can scroll down the list of every artist by just pressing the down button and you will get to hear the artists name and you can listen to the songs of that particular artist.

Well looking at the solution. I figured out that the procedure must be very lengthy and it will not be able to sort the songs according to my wish. Yes i got the point of yours saying that we will be able to sort the list by the artist tracks but the problem is that i have to go with each and every song from the ascending order of the songs title. So this would be very time consuming. What i want is a very simple solution to sort out the tracks which should be in order according to my favorite artist.

I have got a very simple solution for you. What you can do is that you can create the playlist in your iPod shuffle with the help of the iTunes program that you must install in the computer. Your iTunes will contain a list of various songs in that section. In order to check the library go to the music section in the library and it will display all the tracks with the name of the songs, artist etc. In order to sort the list by the artist section. Click under the artist tab and then sort it accordingly by clicking on the tracks that you want and be sure that you want the same sequence in the iPod as well. Highlight that particular songs with the mouse and then create a new file and save it with a particular name in your computer. After saving that file connect the iPod to the computer. After you have connected click on the Sync from playlist and select the file that you have made. It will display the sorted list.

Hey thanks for the solution. Let me tell you have i have actually sorted out this one and all thanks for you people for bringing such efforts in order to solve the issue. I have finally created a play list of my favorite artists eminem and akon. Since all the functions and procedures were new for me. So it was getting difficult for me to operate. I have done the same way as you have suggested and i have got the results. Thanks for your help.