Thread: iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw for iPhone 4

iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw for iPhone 4

I think that you might have heard about ipsw in iphone. At least some of the Iphone users may aware about this. My question is something regarding this issue. What I want to know is, the wayto create iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw for avoid baseband update. The question seems to be little strange and new but many have tried it before and succeeded. First thing I want to make sure you that right now I am in the Windows OS platform. I don’t have Mac computer for this and can’t afford it. I heard about the PwnageTool. Can we make use of this tool for this purpose? Thanks in advance for any kind of tips.

Re: iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw for iPhone 4

I am not much aware about this yet. But as far as I know that use of the PwnageTool is the only way to achieve this. This is except you download a custom ipsw as of the web. I think that you will not get the updated PwnageTool yet. The older version of toll doesn’t include any files of custom ipsw for new version of ios. You will not get such kind of files floating around the tool.

As I gone through several threads they say that Sn0wbreeze is the best tool for Windows platform. I know that it has this capability for custom ipsw. But my advice and recommendation is don’t go for this. You can at least trust Downloading a custom ipsw from a site. You cannot trust sn0wbreeze. So don’t hear any advice from that and stay away from it. The PwnageTool is greatly more constant.

I was using iOS 4.1 with a baseband of 02.10.04 on my Iphone 4 and attempted the tinyumbrella deception with that large stipulation on their website prompting me not to and I was clever to promote to 4.2.1 and at rest conserve my unique baseband that I mentioned before and not allow it upgrading to 03.10.01. I don’t recognize concerning whichever preceding firmwares or basebands previous to 4.1 except it worked. I was astonished that it truly happened. I'll aim to obtain a representation on at this point but I went from side to side the entire stepladder and while updating acquired a 1013 error on itunes.