Thread: Wrong World Clock time in iPhone even after updated system time

Wrong World Clock time in iPhone even after updated system time

My iPhone 3GS is situate to modify point in time mechanically in the midst of the Daylight Savings adjust. That afforded as the phone time itself is accurate, but the times intended for the dissimilar locations in the integral World Clock application are still late as a result of an hour (like the old WWII time). This is moreover right of my father’s iPhone 3G. Eccentrically, I encompass an iPod touch that attuned together its device time and the World Clock times exclusive of complexity. I have tried to resolve it by many setting s like sync, auto update and rebooting. The time shows correct in fact when I add new place it shows wrong time. Do you have any idea about how to resolve this issue? This is also the issue with other apps like ESPN app.

Re: Wrong World Clock time in iPhone even after updated system time

How do you know the exact time of other location? What makes you think that other world location times changes with the date of our area? You cannot count the precise time by seeing just the app. There is much more variation than you think depending on the location. It is the prebuilt setup of the app to make variation depending and calculating your system time. It calculates the time by analyzing your predefined system time. If it will surely going to update via internet or some other sources it should place the accurate timings.

There are several applications which I have experienced so far are:
    • The built-in Clock app: that arrives by means of the iPhone- lists times for all major different cities all over the world are off by one hour including cities with DST
    • The CBS Sports NCAA March Madness on Demand app: - the countdown clock for assortment Sunday is rotten by an hour
    • ESPN apps made to behave like off by an hour.
    • For accurate timing my best option is to choose either and email app or weather apps. These apps will generate the proper time update without the use of system time.

How did you set the time? Is it in 24 hour format or 12 hour format? I think the phone itself is not recognizing the appropriate time update. Update the latest version of ios if it is the cause of any bug. Try other third party application may be they are showing accurate time. Weather apps are the best apps to analyze the proper time as well as news, stocks apps.