Thread: Getting error 1013 in itunes when installing ios4.2.1

Getting error 1013 in itunes when installing ios4.2.1

Hi,
    I have got a fresh iPhone 3G, it worked properly awaiting I clack on 'Check for updates' key in iTunes. My iphone start to inform on the way to firmware 2.2, however at the closing stages of this growth an unknown error 1013 occurred. Then my iphone chop into improvement mode-picture of USB wire between on the way to iTunes. I attempt to repair my iphone channel iTunes, but every time at the finish of repair procedure it demonstrate error message 1013. I have the latest iTunes 8.0.2. Is there whatever thing I am able to perform on the way to attach it, in its place of taking iPhone to fix store? I've reinstalled iTunes, however it didn't assist. I've attempt it on one more PC, but not anything distorted. I forever obtain the Error 1013. Do you contain any lawful solution used for me, please?

Re: Getting error 1013 in itunes when installing ios4.2.1

Tpo get the solution you need to edits that file and comments that line to avoid problems.
    • Open Terminal and Type the following: sudo nano / etc / hosts
    • We asked the administrator password Key and press enter - it is normal not to be displayed on screen (made on purpose for security reasons). This will open the text editor with administrative user, and permissions to modify the hosts file, which is causing this problem.
    • Using the arrow keys, scroll down to the line where it says gs.apple.com and put the cursor right in the first place.
    • Press Ctrl + O (not zero, but an O) and Nano will ask if you want to save / etc / hosts - Press Enter and return to editor. Then press Ctrl + X to exit it.
    • Close Terminal, go to iTunes and click on the restore button again. Now, you should not give the error 1013 and the iPhone should be restored - iTunes asks if we want to copy everything we had before the iPhone - we chose the name from the list and give the green light. In a few hours have restored the iPhone as new.

This is a way to keep iTunes launch a 1013 when trying to get version 4.2.1. This error occurs because the HOSTS file from our pc / mac is modified and Apple has put a new security in the baseband that throws the error 1013. Using this tutorial again leaves the HOSTS file as source and we can try again to get the 4.2.1 without errors. For doing this you need to follow the process:
    1. Open and go to the advanced tab.
    2. tab disable "Set Host to Cydia on".
    3. Click on Apply Changes, and close tiny umbrella.

The error occurs in the middle of the IOS recovery process, the iPhone 4 was mode and iTunes share reported recovery in that the update could not be completed because of errors 1013th then, to fix the 1013 error, you need to modify the Hosts file and comment out a sentence. And here it is a simple remedy to deal with iTunes error 1013 in Mac OSX:
    • On your Mac go to the Applications folder and then navigate to the Utilities folder.
    • After doing this start "Terminal" and enter that: sudo nano /etc/hosts and then presses Enter
    • As you have done the above steps now enter your password.
    • Utilize the downward arrow input to discover the one that “gs.apple.com” entry.
    • When the cursor is in frontage of him, ensure you statement out the column by entering # before the text.
    • Save the file by using [Ctrl] O and Exit the nano editor by pressing [Ctrl] X after this restoring iPhone 4. Ad this way you will be able to get rid of this error.

If you are using windows then I think you need these points which might be helpful to you. For the solution you need to go to the programs and then proceed to the accessories and run Notepad or another plain text editor after this Click on Open from the File menu and Navigate to Windows/System32/drivers / etc. After this in the Files of type 'show all documents
    Open "hosts" file and delete any line that has "gs.apple.com " as you have done all the above things just start the computer and share your iPhone back to iTunes.