Thread: Is there any way create iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw for iPhone 4?

Is there any way create iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw for iPhone 4?

Hello all, I desire to be acquainted with that, is at this time any method to generate iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw intended for keep away from baseband inform and jailbreak my phone. I am in Windows stage? I don’t contain a Mac, so cannot utilize PwnageTool used for this job as it’s in .dmg file and not usable on windows computer. Please inform me an option way to improve the baseband to newest one.

Re: Is there any way create iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw for iPhone 4?

Download iOS custom 4.1 firmware. Created by means of PwnageTool 4.1 intended for iPhone 4, 3G, 3G, 4G iPod, 3G - in the meantime, only Mac consumer who can with no trouble generate custom. Only by by means of PwnageTool 4.1 (Download v4.1.2) you can generate your personal custom iOS 4.1. Ipsw by means of Mac OSX. Ipsw by means of Mac OSX. But what if you do not personal a Mac, but Windows / laptop? If you perform not own a Mac or do not want to go throughout the process of PwnageTool, but still needs to jailbreak iPhone 4.1 and 4/3Gs/3G iOS protect the baseband, then you can only download pre-made iOS Management 4.1 files Ipsw under.
    With these custom iOS 4.1. Ipsw files you will undeterred jailbreak.
    Also, each ipsw file.Consists of two versions: the version of active and inactive version.
    • The ACTIVE. IPSW edition: These custom IPSW records are for user who desires to open their iPhone later than jailbreak which way they are not on the Official transporter.
    • The disabled IPSW edition: These custom IPSW records are for clients who are on the Official Carrier.

I think it can be done only by jailbreaking, to do the jailbreak on the iPhone, iPad Touch or iPod, you only need an internet connection directly to the device, which is a wifi connection or data connection with the mobile operator. Once connected to the Internet, for example dall'iPhone4, follow these simple steps:
    • Connect to the site jailbreak type the URL for jailbreak into Safari.
    • To start downloading the data you need to jailbreak, just move your finger across the screen that says "Slide to jailbreak and wait for the download and then says" Sit Tight "Jailbreaking" with the progress bar
    • At the end of the jailbreak we will be warned of the presence of a window with Cydia on your device and ready to use. I hope this will be helpful to you to get the solution.

I have done but I find that the method exploits a bug in safari Comex to install Cydia via PDF file. The same bug can be exploited by malicious users to take control of your iPhone (or other device). We recommend the installation of "Loading PDF Warner" available on Cydia itself and that will alert you if a site is trying to download a PDF file on the device. Never accept the installation and / or download PDF file if you have not come from reliable sources. I inform you that Apple has already taken action to correct the bugs in the beta firmware 4.1. This means that in future, with the advent of firmware 4.1 final versions will not be able to Jailbreak using jailbreakme.com or the like.

I think you need to use the snowbreeze for the jailbreaking with windows. I hope this will help you to get the solution. For doing this you need to follow the steps given below:
    1. First of all download the ios 4 and after this download the itunes and then download the updated snowbreeze for windows. Then put the OS downloaded and SnOwbreeze in the same folder. Then launch the executable Snowbreeze.
    2. Now Click OK and then click the blue arrow to start.
    3. Two methods are proposed. The expert mode lets you change the boot logo, install Cydia applications, etc. The simple mode only for what you want to do: it installs cydia and changes the boot logo to that of Sn0wbreeze. And click on "Simple Mode" and confirm.
    4. You are asked to select the firmware to change. This is the IPSW downloaded at the beginning. Sn0wbreeze then patch the firmware to generate amended retaining jailbreak.
    5. Snowbreeze recalls that he cannot jailbreak an iPhone 3G and that he must have already been jailbroken and have the old boot ROM.
    6. Snowbreeze then asks if you want "hactiver" your iPhone. Activation is the process that validates your SIM card from the operator. If you bought your iPhone in France and have the same SIM card, you normally choose "No". If your iPhone came from abroad, it is likely that activation is blocked (to work only with AT & T for an iPhone for example U.S.), choose "Yes" in this case. Your modified firmware file is now done. It remains to apply this update to your iPhone. To do this, connect your iPhone to your PC and launch iTunes.