Thread: My Laptop is unable to detect Bluetooth and wifi devices

My Laptop is unable to detect Bluetooth and wifi devices

It’s been 2 month that I am using a laptop but I never tried connecting my laptop to any wifi or a Bluetooth devices but recently I was trying to connect my laptop to wifi network but it was unable to detect it and also I tried connecting to a Bluetooth device and the same problem occurs so please help me out to find a solution so that i can use wifi connections and also transfer files through bluetooth?

Re: My Laptop is unable to detect Bluetooth and wifi devices

I think that you are using windows operating system in your laptop First you have to check all your events and logs and also you need to check your device manager for any errors if there are any error than there may be something wrong with your installation and also with your network adapter.You have to go to network connection where there will be a red X sign and you have to right click on that wireless network where you can find the Enable option you have to simply enable it if you don’t find any enable option in the wireless network connection menu then there will be some different problem with your system.

If I were at your place I would first go to the control panel on your laptop and then select the network connection where I can find which type of network your laptop detects.The network connection window shows you all connection which exists also I have gone through all the hardware devices to check that the wifi adaptor driver is correctly installed on your system.IF I had found any problem that the wifi driver is not working properly I would have removed it from the control panel Add or Remove option and reinstalled the drivers from the drivers CD or check on internet to find my laptop drivers by connecting my laptop with the Ethernet cable connection and I would have save the drivers in my laptop so that my laptop would find the drivers automatically and the next step would be installing the driver and rebooting the system.After rebooting you have to click on the connect button to connect to your home network where it will identify your wireless network connection.

You might have turn on your Bluetooth device but it could be off by default on boot so you have to try using the F1-F8 buttons on your keyboard to turn off and on your wireless network this would On your wireless network this has work on my laptop it On and Off both my Bluetooth and the wireless network on my laptop and also there is a utility to on and off your Bluetooth network.I think it’s called toshset Bluetooth and it can be installed via synaptic hope this will work on your system and you will able to find all the wireless devices.

If there are two network connection on your operating system then the windows gets confused to detect the network connections so you have to go to control panel then to the network connection then you should right click on your wireless connection and then select repair it would reset the ip address of the router and if you use windows for your wireless connection then right click on the wireless connection where you will find the view available wireless networks option it will show you all the available network and you can connect from there. Good luck.

If you are saying that your system does not detect any wireless device then you should follow the following steps:
    1) You have to double click on your wireless icon which is on your system then click on the view wireless networks where you will find the entire network list you have to refresh the network list if still the wireless network doesn’t found any device follow the next step.
    2) There is a option for changing the order of your preferred networks you have to delete all the networks which are under your preferred networks and make sure to check mark the “Windows to configure my Wireless Network settings” option and then click on OK button and then you have to follow the first step again hope you will find the wireless network if still no network detected then you have to follow the advance step to solve your problem.