Thread: Problem in formatting the Pen Drive

Problem in formatting the Pen Drive

I have a 4 GB iball pen drive which I had given to my friend for some data collection and also for some data transfer. When I received my pen drive from my friend I was not able to successfully format it. Can anyone help in formatting the pen drive, it might be a great help for me because I use to gather information from my friends with this pen drive only so please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Problem in formatting the Pen Drive

Sometimes when you try to format the pen drive, it doesn’t happen because of the attack of some virus or Trojan horse, so you first have to scan the pen drive. Remove the pen drive from the system and re- insert it , don’t click on the drive and also cancel the autorun operation if it starts automatically. Then scan the pen drive this might fix the problem that is causing the pen drive to be formatted. After the scan is finished try formatting it again.

This was the same situation with me and I also tried different ways of formatting the pen drive but it didn’t work. At last I performed the following steps in order to format the pen drive:
    • Firstly right click on the computer icon on the desktop and then open manage.
    • After opening manage ,open Disk Management.
    • On opening the Disk Management, you can see the pen drive.
    • Right click on the pen drive and then select format.
    • After the format is complete, restart the computer
    • After restarting the system the pen drive will be functioning effectively.

I have also encountered the same condition as you are in, but I’m free from that situation. I tried to format the pen drive using the command prompt as instructed by my colleagues. This is the best and effective way of formatting the pen drive. Just follow the instructions Click on the Start menu and then Accessories and after that select the command prompt. A black window will appear in that window just type the drive name of the pen drive (e.g. H ,if your pen drive is in H drive), and then type format driver name (e.g. format H) and follow the simple instructions.

The simplest and the effective way of formatting the pen drive is go to My Computer and then right click on the removable drive and then select format the drive. After selecting format the drive, a small window appears of Format Removable Disk. As you see the window tick the quick format on the window and then click Start. The system will start formatting the pen drive, this will take few minutes for formatting.

It was the same situation with me, I’ve tried all the possible alternatives for formatting the pen drive but in vain. After trying all the alternatives I gave up and contacted the retailer and took hold of the warranty and I got fixed it with the customer support. If nothing happens then it’s the problem with the pen drive itself then the only way remaining is to buy a new pen drive with high memory storage space of the branded manufacturer.

Am having 32GB Pendrive which showing 0bytes and not formatting even by using disk management format option..It showing finally cannot formatted.
    Do you people suggest me..

From where does you bought the pen drive. It is found that some sellers sell the fake 32gb pendrive for cheap rate. It just shows the box and nothing is inside. If you are lucky then you can get a 1GB space. If it is a branded device then you can contact the company for a replacement. There are some tools like recovery software that help you to restore your pen drive if there is no major fault.

Quote Originally Posted by dinesh_host View Post
    Am having 32GB Pendrive which showing 0bytes and not formatting even by using disk management format option..It showing finally cannot formatted.
    Do you people suggest me..
    From where did you bought this device ? If it is from any authorized dealer than its ok, or if you bought it from any retailer on road than forget it. It wont get formatted. Those are duplicate pendrive.

question Re: Problem in formatting the Pen Drive

Thanks for relply,Yes i bought the pen drive from road side only but when am buying immediately checked at the time which is worked even it shows available spaces and also I fragmented. But now its not working.... is there any other tool to format this pen drive..

Sorry buddy, you cannot format it. Actually there is no tool for formatting any device. The only way to do is from your system, My Computer. And if you are unable to do from there than, sorry to say but forget it.