Thread: Pictures are displayed upside down when emailed from iPhone 4

Pictures are displayed upside down when emailed from iPhone 4

I have the iPhone 4 with me and I am really happy with the things that it is serving me here. Also I wanted to say here that the iPhone is really serving me well but I have only one issue in addition to all the things that it has. I do not know what but when I mail pictures using the iPhone I have seen that the receivers say that the picture is upside down and I have noticed the same when I tried to mail the same pictures to my email account. I have to seen the same issue here and I really do not know the reason for this. What is going on? Please suggest me some solution for this issue here. Will be really happy if you all can come up for the same on a faster rate here. I had never seen the issue with the iPhone before.

Re: Pictures are displayed upside down when emailed from iPhone 4

I have taken a good look at the issue here and I think that there is no mistake with the Apple or the iPhone or the receiver; it is actually you who is responsible for this mess here. Actually the thing here is that you will be actually required to make your phone to turn sideways and if you do this then only you will be able to take the Picture in the regular manner. Well that is the mistake that you are making. Well I am sure that my post must have helped you. Also in addition to this let me tell you that if you will take the pictures by keeping the home button of the mobile at the bottom and if you will send these images then you will see that the pictures will be hooked sideways. That is the fact. If you want you can try this on by your own.

Well you have got the solution here and let me tell you that you have been introduced with one more condition of images getting hooked at the sideways and I am here to tell you one more scenario in which you will be able to find the stuffs getting upside down. The case is with the mobile videos. If you will try to send the videos in the manner that has been suggested above and if you will mail that thing there then you will be able to see the same thing here. So please try to take out the videos and the pictures so that you can get them in the proper manner so that when you mail them you do not get caught with the issues that are being discussed here. Please see if you can take the pics in a nice manner.

This issue has been booked here in the forums of the Apple and I have seen lots of users complaining about this issue here and I have seen that there are no replies from their side yet. Well little surprised that the pictures and the videos are getting upside down and Apple has not taken a step with the solution here. I am of the opinion that it is a kind of bug and it will be soon rectified when Apple will release some updates in order to rectify the issue here. Hook up for the updates and see if it can come up soon.

How about getting the Mobile Phone of yours resetting at once and then trying to get the images after that. Well that can be done here for sure as a solution. Reset the iPhone and for that you will be required to press the Home Button and the Power Button at the same time and keep them pressed till the screen of the Mobile Phone goes black. Once that is done then try to take out the images and then send them on the email and see if they get upside down after this. As an additional solution if you want you can have the updating the FIRMWARE of the iPhone and see if that can really help you. Please let me know if that really helped you here. You can try this and then let me know about the same.

The problem with the image rotation is due to the meta settings on the photos being ignored by many mail clients.

We've created a free iPhone app, SnapBot, that deals with this problem among other things.

You can find it on the app store:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snapbot/id387161270?mt=8

Hope that helps!

P.S. Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but this is still a pretty common complaint with the iPhone, and this thread comes up in Google searches so I thought this could help!

A quick and easy way that I found to get around the problem of my iPhone 4 photos that I posted on my website being displayed sideways or upsidedown when the website is viewed in my iPad 2 is as follows:

1) save the pic on your PC (I happen to use a PC with Windows 7)
    2) right-click on the pic and select "Rotate Clockwise"
    3) right-click on the pic again and select "Rotate Counterclockwise"
    4) repost the pic on the server

This appears to strip a bunch of hidden data from the photo (you can tell by the resulting reduced file size), including whatever is telling it to rotate. Anyway, it worked for me. Good Luck!