Thread: Unable to see Ringtones on iPhone

Unable to see Ringtones on iPhone

I should I have posted this issue as early as possible but anyways still I have time to get solution. The issue is about the iphone ringtones. Using iPhone-ringtone-creator application I have created a number of ringtone which seems to be important and the best one. Before synchronizing them through ITunes I have renamed with the extension .m4r. I did this because there were no custom ringtones on the phone. But when I was checking on the ITunes connected to my Iphone, it shows me that the phone itself has these ringtones. The upload from iphone ringtone app was fine but unable to sync them from ITunes. If I do so I will lose all of it. Actually the app was Windows version. Recently I have upgraded my Windows PC to OS X. So I am asking you for a help. Does anyone have seen this kind of act before?

Re: Unable to see Ringtones on iPhone

I think it is due to the issue of ringtone alone sync. Try to sync the music and ringtone together. Once I got the same issue. When I sync the ringtone alone to iphone it didn’t show up but when I tried sync music and ringtones together it successfully showed up. I don’t know the reason but it seems to me that the iphone is recognizing ringtones as a music file in your case also in mine. Because when you have created the ringtone from any application it will created as its default extension. If you then change it, it won’t change the format unless you transform them using desired application. Just changing the extension may not possible in your case.

Did you try the other extension? The m4r is an iphone ringtone format. You cannot change the m4a extension to m4r. In case if you do so it won’t convert as a ringtone, still it is a music file. I assume that you have already selected those tones iTunes to sync in your Iphone’s ringtone tab. But it will show as a custom ringtone above the standard ringtone. Try manually uploading those tones and see will it show up.

I think it is happening due to the same names in ringtone. I urge you to change the name of the ringtone not the extension and see will it be synchronizing or not. Before sync play all those files to confirm that not any one of them has been corrupted. When I got the same issue I allowed the "Register Your Iphone" prompt. This will register your iphone and then you will get the required tab to upload custom ringtones, so that you can sync them. Without registering it is possible with music, video and photos but I think it is not possible with ringtones.

I did following things in Itunes and worked for me well
    • First of all make a Smart Playlist in iTunes.
    • After that set its filter "Kind" and then it to "is" and "Ringtone".
    • Now you will get a playlist with all of those newly created ringtones.
    • While sync up select Music tab and tick the checkbox for newly created playlist.
    • Now sync your Iphone as usual.
    • Now you will see all of those tones in Custom Ringtones list.
    • I think this issue something regarding the iphone or iTunes. Better to update for a new version to solve them.