Thread: Skype echo sound problem on Nokia e5

Skype echo sound problem on Nokia e5

Hi, I had recently purchased a new Nokia E5 mobile phone and I am using a Vodafone GRPS on my mobile phone. I am having a good internet surfing speed. Also on the mobile phone I had downloaded Skype. And in this mobile phone I have download the skype. In this now when I am trying to call I am getting a echo on the same. Whenever I talk I can hear my voice again and again. How to fix it.

Re: Skype echo sound problem on Nokia e5

Skype has a built-in echo canceller which detects and reduces echo during calls. I have few set of fix that might help you in fixing the issue:

1. If using speakers, then reduce the volume.
    2. If using speakers for talking then remove any attached microphone. If the distance between the microphone and speaker is 20 cm or less, will be a noticeable echo.
    3. You must download the latest version of Skype.

It is a very common problem and appear mostly when you are on the internet calling. Here you can try contacting the Skype customer care who can help you in dealing with the issue. There are certain settings which can allow you to have a decent audio quality. You can also try re-installing the Skype and testing your microphone by installing some audio recorder. If the sound is not clear then it means it can be internal hardware issue. Change your mic.

I have suffered the similar problem as yours. And I had attempted various time to make changes in the settings. But it doe not really worked. The last thing I did is changed headphone. And it started working. So here you can try testing different headphones on the same where you can get a clear audio quality.