Thread: iPhone 3g microphone not working

iPhone 3g microphone not working

I have the iPhone 3G with me and I really do not know what the issue with this iPhone is. Well I do take care so that I can not get caught with issues but I have seen that taking the utmost care also cannot help here. I have tried Resetting the iPhone here but I have not found the solution with the microphone of the iPhone here. Please can you come up with the solution in the case here? The microphone here is not dead at all and it is not like that the microphone is dead. The scenario here is such that I can hear the caller from the other end but they really find it difficult to hear my sound. Also it is not like that I have this issue with one person but the thing is that I have seen the issue with all the friends of mine. What can you suggest?

Re: iPhone 3g microphone not working

On the first note I think that the iPhone of yours need to have the servicing and that too I think that it will be great if you can just clean up the parts of the iPhone and see if that can help you with the sound issues here. As in most of the cases; mostly about 90 percent of the cases the real culprit is the dirt and I think that cleaning will really help you in the situation here. Also please let me know if the phone of yours had fallen and hence is giving you the issues. Please make sure about this and if the cleaning does not help you then I will suggest you to hand over the Cell Phone of yours to the Service Center and let them find out the issue there. They will do whatever possible. Please let me know about the same as well.

I think that it will be nice idea if you can have the firmware of the iPhone upgraded as I think that upgrading the firmware here can really help you with the situation of yours. You can find the updates for the firmware from the official site of the Apple iPhone. Just visit there and connect the mobile phone of yours to the computer and then you will be able to see the instructions that will come up on the screen and finally you will be able to get the things that you were actually looking for. Hope that upgrading the firmware can help you to get the microphone of yours. Please let me get notified about this and also I would like to tell you that you will be able to get this done if at all there is no physical damage there on the iPhone.

Going for the FIRMWARE upgrade is not a bad idea at all but I think that it will be great if you can try resetting the iPhone on first and then moving with the upgradation. Well sometime it is required to get the updates from the basic and the root level and I think that it will be better to go in this manner here. Just press the Sleep button on the top of the iPhone and the Home button simultaneously and then keep both the buttons holding till the screen of the iPhone goes black. Once that is done then you can wait for the iPhone to get reset and once you see it done then you can proceed with the upgrading the firmware of the iPhone.