Thread: How to enter GPS coordinates in the iPhone?

How to enter GPS coordinates in the iPhone?

I am going on a field trip and I just wanted to know if it is at all possible to make use of the iPhone for the go cache hunting here. Well not for getting the images for sure. I wanted to know if I can put the co-ordinates of the locations in the iPhone here. I just want to know if at all it is possible here. I am sure that this is possible here in the iPhone but I do not know the way of doing this. So please if someone has already come across with this I will be happy to know how you were able to get this done in the iPhone of yours. I just want to mark up the locations here so that it will be easy for me to locate the location from the co-ordinates. Please suggest me the way by which I can enter the co-ordinates here.

Re: How to enter GPS coordinates in the iPhone?

Well I think that you will be required to make use of the Geocache application for the things that you have asked here. Well I know only this application that can help you here with this and let me tell you that Geocaching is a treasure hunting game and the basic idea behind playing the game here is to find the containers i.e. geocaches that are hidden. This application is the only the thing that I am of the opinion that you are looking for and it is supported by iPhone 3G and 4G as well. You can have this from the Apple’s iTunes Store by paying visit there. Well all I can say is try this application and let me know if that really helps you in the situation of yours. Please let me know if you were looking for this here.

The application that you need is the Geocache application and I think that has been explained above in a much better manner. Now regarding entering the co-ordinates; in the Maps app of the iPhone I do not think that you will be required to enter the co-ordinates manually. If you will enter the 40.748342, -73.984606 in the search a pin will be automatically placed at that location. That is the thing that I can suggest you at the moment.

Looking at the things that you have asked here let me tell you that you can actually have the thing that you have asked here for. I think for doing that you will be required to make use of the Jailbreak here and let me tell you that if you do that for once then you can place the coordinates on the maps search. If at all you want to give this a try all you have to do is put the Latitude value at first and then the Longitude should follow it as well. On the trial basis you can try for this value and see if the screen on the iPhone of yours rotates to this value: 40.823655, -73.810994. Please make sure that you enter the comma (,) between the two values there. Also try to enter the values in a convenient manner.

I would suggest you to make use of this application here and see if that can make the difference to the scenario that has been presented here. Try this Coordinates Locator 1.0 and Coordinates Lite 1.0 and I am sure that at least one from the following will really help you. The two that I have mentioned above are basically the applications of the Apple and are used for the purpose that you are looking for. The First one will help you to find the locations of the places and at the same time will help you to mark the places that you actually want to have look at. On the other hand the second one will help you to convert the co-ordinates between the three standards formats of displaying the co-ordinates.