Thread: Unable to Sync all Contacts between OS X and Iphone

Unable to Sync all Contacts between OS X and Iphone

I am having some issue either with my iphone or OS X leopard while synchronizing contacts between them. What I did is, first I added all my contacts in Address Book in OSX Leopard, and the contacts included Names and number only. After that I synchronized my iphone. When I checked it, it copied only 25 out of 50 numbers. Once I again I double checked all contacts and my calculation was fine. For acquiring some changes I altered some contacts but nothing changed at all. I synchronized several times but no hope at all. The version of iphone is v1.1.4 which is of 16GB. I don’t have any idea about how to fix this issue. If you help me to solve this, I will be much appreciated for your response. Thanks in advance for any kind of replies.

Re: Unable to Sync all Contacts between OS X and Iphone

You need to make several tries by using different sync process. I can’t say now that which is causing this issue either Os X or Iphone itself. But try this.
    • Create a backup copy of the Address Book or contacts by using option like File>Export>Address Book Archive.
    • Now wipe out the entire contacts form the Address Book. Make it blank.
    • Now sync the blank Address Book to your phone, which may erase all contacts on the iphone.
    • Again import the backup copy of contacts to the same Address Book (I think you may familiar with this)
    • Now synchronize and see what you will get. My concern it will work.

For me it seems to me that it is the cause of the Mac OS X leopard. From what user account you have created the contacts list in Address Book? Did you try sync from the same user account? In order to make perfect sync use administrator account. For other it may be possible that you are not able to do this. If you don’t have the access of Admin account then create a new user account and see it is happening or not? Otherwise it may be possible that some of the existed contacts in your iphone get overwritten and you are only getting the count of new contacts swapped to phone contacts list.

What application you are using as Address book in your OS X? I assume that you might be using MobileMe or Outlook contacts. When I stuck in same issue I did the following thing.
    1. In address Book go to File > Export > Address Book Archive, and save backup desktop
    2. Now delete all (including groups) from address book and exit.
    3. In itunes statistics tab pick "sync address book contacts" (all contacts) (Choose your iphone there)
    4. Go through bottom and under "advanced", select contacts under "replace info on this iphone / ipad".
    5. Now you are free to Sync.
    6. After completing Synchronization uncheck #'s 3 & 4 in above steps.
    7. Go back to address book, File > Import > Address Book Archive to restore contacts.
    8. Again sync to phone.

As far as I know when there are double entries on your iphone it is not possible to sync completely in the direct way. You need to change some settings. If you are using MobileMe as a address Book then here is the fix. On your iphone.
    • Go to System Preferences.
    • Choose Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
    • Under Accounts, the MobileMe account may be listed. Click that.
    • Change Contacts to OFF.

In order to sync contacts from Mac Address book to your Iphone contact list then first reset the sync history on your Mac Leopard. You can do it via iSync preferences. Go to the application folder on your computer and open iSync application. In its preferences you will get an option to reset history. When sync use only selected group contacts not all at one. If this didn’t help you then update the latest firmware. It will help you to get rid of ant bug if it is present in your iphone or Leopard.