Thread: Barring outgoing calls in iPhone

Barring outgoing calls in iPhone

I am using iPhone. I want to give my iPhone to my younger brother. I want to Barr outgoing facility of my iPhone since he should not able to do outgoing calls. There should be some settings that allow me to attend the incoming call but when I go to make a call it should ask me for a password. Please tell me if you know some application or settings that restrict the user to do outgoing calls and allow him to receive incoming calls.

Re: Barring outgoing calls in iPhone

Well it is very simple to barring the outgoing facility of the iPhone. You can set passcode lock on for the phone this will allow you to receive the incoming calls but you have to enter the passcode in the phone do other work rather than receiving the call.To set passcode in your iPhone just do the following steps. Press Settings icon on the home screen.Select the general tab in the Settings section. Find the pass code lock in the general tab. By default passcode lock setting is set to Off. After pressing passcode lock you will see 4 textboxes where you have to enter the desired four digits passcode. There will be three options for you on the screen. Required passcode it means time limit provided before entering the passcode after that period of time the passcode get activated. Second option will be Show sms preview will show text message on home screen.By turning off you cannot acess the text message till you not entered the passcode.Last option is Erase Data if it is on it will erase all the data on the phone entering 10 time wrong passcode consecutively. Now your iPhone is ready to use.

According to your situation the following code will solve your problem definitely. *33*pin# will turn on the Call barring and #33*pin# to turn off the call barring .To get PIN you have to make a call to service provider. They will verify your details and provide you the PIN. You have to enter 4 digit code instead of PIN. After entering the Code the outgoing facility of your iPhone will be barred. To restrict incoming call use 35 instead of 33 on above mentioned code

You can also use the lockdown application. You have to enter safety word which will you help to get password if you forget. To unlock all the application you have to set the master password. After finishing two options will be appearing on the screen Lock all application and unlock all application. It also provides facility to lock system application. Once you have set the password iPhone will prompt for the password after only the application will launch.

Another way is to upgrading the operating system of your iPhone. Operating system of iPhone are known as Firmware. Following are the steps to perform upgrading operating system of your iPhone.Your iPhone and computer should be connected. Select iTunes 8.2 in your iPhone. Check for update in your phone summry pane. Download all the updates as well as install the same. You should not disconnect the iPhone with computer till you are not finished with the process