Thread: iPhone: Earpiece and Proximity sensor not functioning

iPhone: Earpiece and Proximity sensor not functioning

I have the iPhone here in my case and I just want to know if I can get any help in the matter that I am stuck with. I have the issue here with the earpiece of mine and I think that it will be great if you all here can help me with this. I have noticed here that the earpiece of my iPhone is not working and I think that it will be great if you all can come up what can be done here so that I can have the earpiece of mine working properly. I cannot make the calls here well I can make but I cannot hear the sounds from the other side and neither they can hear me. Can you all here please tell me what can be done so that I can get rid of it? Also I wanted to tell that it started suddenly and I had no issue with this before. Please come up with some suggestions here.

Re: iPhone: Earpiece and Proximity sensor not functioning

Well I was also having the same issue here; in my case however the cause was the physical damage to my iPhone and I think that it will be really nice if you can check the mobile phone of yours as well against the physical damage here. If the smartphone of yours is not under the warranty then I would suggest you to open it up and look for the two right hand pins on the connector, actually these connectors are or the earpiece. See if you can find some damage there and let me know if the things there are pretty fine and if that is really not then let me tell you that you will have to take the cell phone of yours to the service center and if you want to have this on a lower budget then I think that contacting the local technician will be the other option.

Totally agreed to what has been suggested above and I think that for checking the Connector you will be required to make use of the Ohm meter. Just place the Ohm meter on the right hand side of the ribbons that are connected with the terminals. Now when you will see the reading on the Ohm meter I think that you should get the 30 Ohms resistance in this way you will get confirmed if at all the earpiece of yours is alive. Well give this a hit and let me know if you are getting some reading on the Ohm meter. Please let me get the reading that you get there in the Ohm meter.

Well I have not seen any reply from the user yet and I think that the physical damage is not the case here and hence I think that it will be great if you can have the Reset on your phone here. Well that is the solution that you must have followed on the first note if you come across some issues like this suddenly and I think that it is really great to have this as the permanent solution in your pocket. Well try to go with the Soft Rest in your case and if that does not help you in any manner then I think that it will be really great to have the Hard Reset on the Cell Phone of yours. Please let me tell you that it is always advisable to have the Soft Reset and then only go with the Hard Rest if it gets failed here.

Looking at the whole scenario I think that it will be great if you can have a look at the following thread and I really think that you will be able to fetch the solution from here. Also in addition to this if you want you can have the iPhone scanned against some better antivirus here and I think that it will be a good option to go with. If you want you can try the Kaspersky Antivirus and if not this then you can definitely try for the ESET NOD 32 and see if they can help you here to fetch the solution. Here are the links of the threads that I was talking about just have a look at it here: 4.1 update completely screwed my proximity sensor AND iPhone 4 Proximity Sensor not working. Please let me know if that really helped here.