Thread: Is there any way to remove “slide to unlock”.

Is there any way to remove “slide to unlock”.

Currently my iPhone screen is dead; I mean to say that in “Slide to unlock” I am not able to work anymore. I am hovering the finger, but nothing is happening, it is completely dead or I should say that that it is almost dead. I have also tried to restore but nothing is happening. Currently I am not having any idea why this thing is happening or what is causing the problem but need the solution for the same. If anyone has any solution for this problem of “slide to unlock” then please let me know about that. I will be waiting for related reply. I mean to say that any related reply will be appreciated.

Re: Is there any way to remove “slide to unlock”.

There are two ways of doing this thing; first way is the easy one that is you just need to download MyStrings from Cydia. This will solve your problem. The other way is the manual one and for this you have to follow some steps that are given below. First you have to create a folder with name 'No Slider Text.theme'. After that you have to create a new folder inside 'Bundles'. After that you have create a new folder inside 'com.apple.springboard' and then make a folder inside 'en.lproj'. After that you have create a new file and then you have to copy the text that is given in quotes and save that thing with the name 'SpringBoard.strings'. Just keep one thing in mind that you do not have to add .txt or .rtf at the end of the file. I mean to say no extension. You are allowed to change the <string> part of each key to the text that you want to display. After that you have to upload the folder at the location /private/var/stash/Themes.[IGNORE]/. And at the last you can enable this thing through the use of Winterboard.

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>AWAY_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>CF_USER_NOTE_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>SLIDE_TO_ANSWER</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>SMS_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>TIMER_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>ALARM_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>CALENDAR_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>SLIDE_TO_CANCEL</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL</key>
    <string>slide to power off</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    If you have any other question then let me know about that.

I have read somewhere that there are some problems with the touch screen manufacturing and sometimes "killed" a certain part of the screen. In my case for a fall, the lower half of "died" and therefore cannot slide to unlock, or answering phone calls, etc. The top half if it works but that thing is really useless. In this case, you should take it to the U.S. to enter service at an Apple store; you change it without problem as long as it is not scratched. If you cannot go to the U.S, you have to buy another Iphone or wait to get it fixed. Or you can try the thing that is mentioned in above reply.

The iPhone is new and I had passed the problem but to restore to which this is that it serves and I think the problem lies in the baseband and if I could take away from this way of not being able to unlock, it is really frustrating working with half screen and one more thing I am not too geek and also not friendly the programming stuff. So instead of giving solution that included geek code it will be better if you can provide me a solution without any frustrating things. But anyways thank you for helping me and attempting to provide a solution. If you have any other then please let me know about that. I will be waiting for your reply.