Thread: Windows 7 automatically faints Toshiba Satellite L655 display

Windows 7 automatically faints Toshiba Satellite L655 display

Hi I have recently purchased a brand new Toshiba Satellite L655 and it is doing well until i installed the Windows 7 operating system. Initially there was the windows XP installed on it and alter on i upgraded it with windows 7. But the thing here is that it has degraded the brightness of my laptop. I don't know what went wrong with it and why it is giving me a dim display. I have tried adjusting the display manually but didn't help me. Please help me in this is case.

Re: Windows 7 automatically faints Toshiba Satellite L655 display

Well it seems to me that there may some problem with the power. The laptop that you are using is not fully charged and that is why you are getting the faint display. So you have charge the laptop properly and then see whether the screen id displayed properly or not if not then you have to just manage the power settings properly. Now just open the power troubleshooter and set the proper settings over there and then just get rid of this problem.

I think there is there driver problem in your system. It happens if the drivers are not properly installed or the drivers get corrupted. So what you have to do here is that just install the appropriate drivers and if the drivers are corrupted then you can update the same. I am sure that updating the drivers will surely help you to fix the issue.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that I can help you in this case, and if you want to stable the brightness then just below the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all click on start button and then just open control panel
    • In that you have will find the system and security just click on it and then you have to select the power option
    • Further you will find the change plan option and after clicking on that you will see different power plan.
    • Then you have to just select the current plan and then click on the advanced setting.
    • In the advanced settings you have to find the DIM option and then adjust it according to your need.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem and I thing you are also going though the similar phase. And to overcome the issue you have to follow the below mentioned steps and I am sure that following this step will help you out of this issue.
    • First of all click on the start button and then select the control panel.
    • Under the control panel option you will find the System and Maintenance.
    • Just open the same and then select the Power option from it.
    • In that you will find the option for adjusting the brightness of the display just select it and then set it according to your requirements.
    • At last save the settings by clicking on save changes and the just select ok. Also don’t forget to restart the system