Thread: iPhone headphones jack not working

iPhone headphones jack not working

I recently have had problems with my headphones not working correctly unless spun the correct way. Today I took a look inside the jack, and noticed that the metal band seems to be cracked or broken. If you look around the rim, it goes from a silverish color to a white color, as if half the metal band broke off. There is also a small chunk next to the headphone jack missing. I am assuming the crack within the jack is what is causing this problem. Has anyone had this problem?

Re: iPhone headphones jack not working

The first solution is to buy an adapter, a sort of simple extension that will transform your headphone jack 'deep' once-prominent. They are found in every price but will take about fifteen dollars. The disadvantage of this type of solution is: aesthetics, bulk and especially it’s an extra accessory that you quickly lose or forget. And then there yard trick practiced regularly by Reda, who sent me the photos shown below. It is possible on most of the catch at your own risk anyway, cut with a cutter about 3 mm of the plastic part of the plug that gene to make it compatible with the iPhone.

Hello everyone, my 2G iphone I have replaced the wiring with the headphone jack and I was presented a problem that has happened to others who have done my own thing. In practice, without headphones plugged in the iPhone was as if detected while working with headphones plugged in as if there were. Not convinced, I disassemble everything and I opened the bottom of the connector for the headphone jack. Basically I have a model that inserting headphones closes a circuit and allows the phone to detect them. What I put on new works in reverse has the normally closed contact, and when you insert the jack is opened. By the time I put a microscopic piece of paper in contact and I can use everything normally as if there were no headphones connected but I cannot use most headphones.

Dirt and dust can with no trouble obtain trapped in the earphone jacks of a lot of phones and laptop computers. On the iPhone, this can tour a sensor within the jack, which tricks the phones into thoughts earphones are plug up in. Cut off one finish until simply a minute bit of cotton leftovers, now barely bigger than the distance of the swab axis. Dab an extremely little amount of rubbing alcohol on the small ending. Gradually and gently easiness the tip into the earphone jack and whisper it around. Your aim is to remove any substance that might be stuck in here.