Thread: Need a good external flash for my camera

Need a good external flash for my camera

I was shopping in a super market and i suddenly happened to come under the camera accessories department. Which i found various external flashes so i started checking them out. It was much better than the regular flash bulbs in the market. Since i was running out of time i could not have a good look at the external flashes. So that's why i want you people to suggest me some good external flashes manufacturer's which are good in the market. Even i am thinking of buying one. Though i have some basic knowledge but it would be nice to hear it from you. So suggest me something.

Re: Need a good external flash for my camera

It all depends on the camera that you are using. If you are using a cyber shot from the sony then there's no need to get the external flash. Sony's are the best manufacturer's for the flash camera. However if you can try with other options like canon, Nikon. Then there are different types of flash types accessories. There is shoe mount, handle mount, ring light and strobe. The price range can vary anywhere from $70 to $700 or above. So it would be better if you could have provided more details on the type of the external flash you need and also your budget details.

Yes sure i have a Nikon D5000. I am a beginner with the use of the external flashes. So suggest me something that will suit the beginner and will be easy to start with. Also my price range would be anywhere around $120. So suggest me something under that budget also. So i think i have given you the necessary or the required information. So do give me some options within the range specified above.

Well looking at your budget and also taking into consideration that you are a learner. I would definitely advice you to go with the YongNuo speedlight. The YN-560 has easy manual adjustment controls so that it will not complicate you. It also has the feature of the electric zoom that will allow you to adjust the light intensity according to your need. The price will be anywhere around $85. If you are looking for something which is a old model but having a good quality then i would suggest Vivitar285HV. Anyways the option is yours you can select any one of them.