Thread: I have a Jailbroken iPod If I upgrade my iPod Touch will I lose my stuff?

I have a Jailbroken iPod If I upgrade my iPod Touch will I lose my stuff?

I encompass the iPod Touch second generation, by means of jailbreak. As well as I am bearing in mind upgrading the software on the way to the new 4.0.2. The majority of the music on my iPod is not on my PC to any further extent as well as I am anxious regarding losing it, all along by means of my applications as well as things. As a result if I upgrade it will I lose each and every one my stuff? Please assist me, thank you.I'm not concerned regarding losing the jailbreak, it does not matter because it’s simple to obtain. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: I have a Jailbroken iPod If I upgrade my iPod Touch will I lose my stuff?

First of all 4.1 update came out as a result forget about the unavailable which is at the moment outdated 4.0.2. After that, yes you will lose no matter what ipod contents that are not in iTunes on your PC, as a result you will lose stuff.I have completed those updates previously, however have not lost whatever thing as each and every one the contents that are on my ipod are on my PC also.

If you upgrade by means of a jailbreak installed, usually you will lose your jailbreak, as well as your information. I have not attempted upgrading not including restoring iPod on the way to factory setting, save for I believe you will encompass on the way to restore if you attempt on the way to upgrade a jailbroken iPod. It is not moreover tough to obtain your music as well as playlists off of the iPod on to the PC, there are a lot of programs (free of charge as well as luxurious option accessible- obtain the free ones) that be able to perform this. As well data from your preinstalled applications will each and every one be backed up if you compose a 'backup' in iTunes , apart from you may possibly have on the way to re-download your e-mails, even though your login information will be saved. App store applications be able to be synced by means of iTunes, although an iTunes backup will not essentially save data from within appstore applications.

iOS4 is not that much superior, particularly by means of 8gig or else 2g iPod touches. All it has is 'multi-tasking' (previously feasible by means of jailbrake through 'backgrounder'), grouping applications into 'folders' furthermore iBooks (possibly a a small number of other minor features as well, however not much more) take into account that Jailbreakme is not compatible by means of iOS 4.0.2 as well as higher.Good Luck!

Connect to iTunes, move purchase (if music is as of from limewire you are twist, it's disappeared), restore and go to apple.com on the way to obtain the software download, (at what time you restore the ipod it will request you if you wish for 3.0 or 4.0). I advise just going able to 3.0 for the reason that the 4.0 requirements more gap as well as stuff, it's presently not compatible.

If you make a decision on the way to upgrade it after that you be supposed to sync each and every one your applications on your idevice to your PC, as well as yes it will not remove whatever thing, however sync all your stuff to your PC foremost immediately for safety. There is NO help of 4.0.2 in excess of 4.0.1 if you are jailbroken. The PDF Patch in Cydia does the similar accurate thing at the same time as the upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2.