Thread: How to create recovery disks for Vaio VGN-FZ21M

How to create recovery disks for Vaio VGN-FZ21M

Friends, I am using Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21M. I am facing many problems with it and I think that restoring the laptop to the original factory settings will solve the problems for me. My problem is that I don’t know that how I can get the recovery disks for a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21M. If you know that how can I do this then please post it here. I will appreciate each and every reply for this. Thank you very much.

Re: How to create recovery disks for Vaio VGN-FZ21M

If you want to recover your Sony vaio then you can try to use the hidden HDD. If you want to do this, then just start your laptop and when it shows you the vaio logo then you have to keep on pressing F10 key. After that this will start the recovery process and you need not to do anything else and I will do the rest of the things on itself. I wish that this will help you.

Other way to do the recovery is to obtain a set of recovery discs from the Vaio support. This will let you to restore the original Vaio which supplied OS and applications. Click here and this will let you to the Vaio support.
    1. Go to login option 1 and type your vaio models serial number. You will find this number on the bottom of the laptop.
    2. After that, you have to select the model.
    3. Click on login button.
    4. After logging in, you have to select Get In Touch.
    5. Now click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

Have you called the Sony and ask them? Many of the Manufacturer's like Sony, Compaq, Emachine, Hp etc allow the customers to purchase the recovery disks. Other than this, the only option that you have is to reinstall the operating system using the Windows XP disk. Before doing this you should download and install Aida32. Make note of the manufacturer of the motherboard, graphic card and all. Download the driver for all of them and put that on the disk. Now install the Windows XP and put the driver again from the disk. One of my friends was also having the same problem and he did the same. Now he is not facing any problem like this.

I have the solution for you. Start your laptop and when it starts loading the operating system then you have to keep on pressing ‘F10’ repeatedly. This will let you to the hidden partition for the C: drive. You will see two options for restoring. First one is to restore to the last working configuration and second one is format entire hard drive this will restore it to the "out of box" config. You will also see the option for formatting C: drive if you have two partition. This will preserve the integrity of the additional partition.

You can use the Recovery Disk Creator if you want to make the backup of the same. You will get the facility of the copying the files to the recovery partition on disk. You just have to follow the steps below.
    1. Click on the start menu.
    2. Go to all programs.
    3. Select the recovery disk creator.
    4. You have to select create from the Recovery Disc Creator section.
    5. When it prompts you then you have to insert the first blank DVD and then click on Ok.
    6. If required then you have to insert the second blank DVD and click on Ok.