Thread: HP Pavillion dv6000 web cam not working

HP Pavillion dv6000 web cam not working

I have just bought a HP Pavillion dv6000 which is showing some problem with the webcam. I have used my another laptop with the MSN messenger which does not show any problem for using the webcam of the laptop but this laptop does not let me use webcam with the msn. Does anyone has any idea where I could go wrong due to which it is not letting use it?

Re: HP Pavillion dv6000 web cam not working

I guess the problem would be with the settings needed on your windows live messenger. Actually I have seen such problem with the msn messenger but I guess you should first check that your laptop's webcam works with the some other messenger or not. If it is not working then there could be something wrong with the webcam itself.

Here I have a big problem with my webcam on MSN, for a while I have someone who is at the other end can no longer see me and I either, by the person-cons and the other end there I see, so I would like to know how to solve this problem thank you. Otherwise I have our computer and I try with the webcam it works very well above and with the same version as MSN.

it could be the firewall that might be stopping your msn messenger for detecting the webcam on your chat windows. I suggest you to disable the firewall of your windows machine which might solve this problem. You have to go to the Control Panel and then go to the Firewall. Once you have disabled the firewall then make sure that you don't visit any unreliable websites as your computer might get infected by the virus.