Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode while attempting jailbreak

iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode while attempting jailbreak

Hi Guys,
    I have a problem with my iPhone 3GS, it's actually stuck in Recovery Mode. The problem started when I tried to jailbreak it with Redsn0w. The phone ran iOS 4.2.1 with the firmware 5.xxx before jailbreaking. To be able even to unlock it I had to update the firmware to 6.15, but unfortunately, something gone wrong which resulted to put the iPhone in Recovery Mode and no way to come out of it. I tried a lot of method but still have the same problem. Please share with me any experiences related to the above problem. I'll appreciate any input from you guys

re: iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode while attempting jailbreak

Hey mate, as i can see this is your very first posts, i should welcome you to Techarena. Later i would like to suggest that please do search the for before making new query, just to avoid duplication. There are many such discussion available here, hope you will get some help from them. Just check it out:
    iphone 4 got stucked in recovery mode
    Iphone 3g stuck at Recovery Mode
    iPhone 3GS freezes in recovery mode

re: iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode while attempting jailbreak

Hi mate,
    You are right, this is my first post and I'll explain why I posted it.
    To be honest, I checked the whole site before I have posted my appeal. I could find anything related to the problem I have with my iPhone. There is no similar problem posted anywhere in this forum, that's why I posted a new thread hopingly to there is someone encountered similar problem and can help me.

Best Regards

Re: iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode while attempting jailbreak

You might have to restore your iphone 3gs to a factory default firmware using DFU mode. Or else you can also try to tether the jailbreak, which means, that you only have to simply reboot your iphone by using a computer or your friend's computer. After that you might not have any data, so you may need to re-enter the Cellular Data APN for your carrier in Settings-General-Network-Cellular Data.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have already tried this but I encounterd a lot of errors when trying to restore it using iTunes. I don't care about the data in the device because I did have anything important in it. When I try to restore it from DFU mode after a while I get the error # 1015 and the the device stuck in showing USB connection to iTunes. I have even tried to use Redsn0w to tethered it but I encounter the same problem. I tried with TinyUmbrella and iRecovery as well.

All the best

This kind of problem is seen when you are using the wrong firmware for the restoration. So first it is advisable to check whether you are using the proper firmware update or not. Error 1015 is caused if you are having the improper firmware and DFU mode is unable to upgrade or downgrade. Follow the below given link which will let you know about same issue in advance.

iPhone DFU mode

Hi,
    Thank you for your input, but I have actually tried this serveral times. The problem as you mentioned is the firmware.
    When you try to jailbreak your iPhone using Redsn0w then you have to update your firmware to 6.15 to be able to unlock it afterward, and this is what I have done. So the problem is how to take the device out from recovery mode.

All the best

Your phone is stuck in the recovery mode and to regain back you have to run restore from iTunes. Turn your phone off and the hold the power and home button. Then when the logo appears leave the power button and keep pressing the home button. Later on connect to iTunes and click restore. This will restore the phone software and your phone will start working.
    |

Hi Odalis,
    Thank you for your input. Once again I want to accentuate that the problem is my firmware 6.15. There is still no iOS for iPhone with this firmware so I can't never do restoration using iTunes until Apple release an iOS with this firmware (6.15). There is for sure some methods to take out the device from recovery mode with firmware 6.15 but still I can not find one.

All the best

hi excited i have right now exactly the same problem, i got stuck trying to jailbreak and have used absolutely everything i have found on the internet i have lost count how many times i have try the restore it.

please let me know if you have been able to sort aout the problem as i am panicking right now. phone is no even mine and dont know what else to do Tiny umbrella doesnt work either

Quote Originally Posted by Princesa25 View Post
    hi excited i have right now exactly the same problem, i got stuck trying to jailbreak and have used absolutely everything i have found on the internet i have lost count how many times i have try the restore it.

please let me know if you have been able to sort aout the problem as i am panicking right now. phone is no even mine and dont know what else to do Tiny umbrella doesnt work either
    Have you tried to update your iphone on another computer? Have you also tried to restore to a factory default firmware using DFU mode? If it is a brand new iphone, it has the new bootrom which requires a tethered jailbreak to restart, every time. You will need a computer, USB cable and copy of Blackra1n handy to restart or reboot the phone when necessary.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am having the same problem with my Iphone 3g.
    I was using redsn0w to jailbreak it and as i was in 5.15.4 firmware which cant be unlocked -I had to upgrade it to 6.15 baseband. Now I have the iphone stuck in recovery mode and cant be restored by Itunes. It keeps giving me errors like 1033, 1014 etc.

Does anyone have any solution to this problem...Pls help me out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyd_blues View Post
    I am having the same problem with my Iphone 3g.
    I was using redsn0w to jailbreak it and as i was in 5.15.4 firmware which cant be unlocked -I had to upgrade it to 6.15 baseband. Now I have the iphone stuck in recovery mode and cant be restored by Itunes. It keeps giving me errors like 1033, 1014 etc.
    If you are stucked in recovery mode Loop on Restart with your iphone, then you would want to try out a tool called iRecovery. iRecovery is a libusb-based command line utility for Mac OS X and Linux (perhaps Windows too). It is able to talk to the iBoot/iBSS in Appleā€™s iPhone/iPod touch via USB. If you are on Windows then you need to install LibUsb-Win32 in order to run iRecovery. LibUsb-Win32 is a port of the USB library libusb the Windows operating system. Google it and download it and follow the online tutorials.

angry Re: iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode while attempting jailbreak

the sames things happened to me brand new iPhone not even unlocked yet and it is stuck in recovery i wanna just squash it to bits

Quote Originally Posted by bashy View Post
    the sames things happened to me brand new iPhone not even unlocked yet and it is stuck in recovery i wanna just squash it to bits
    Ahh, thats really very frustrating. Anyways, do you have 3GS or iPhone 4 ?? Try these steps and see if it works for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by SANEET View Post
    I steps that are mentioned below are recommended for restoring your Iphone 3g :
    1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes
    2. First I suggest you back up your iPhone, making a right click> save its icon appears on the left under "Devices". If this is impossible because of your problem, skip this step or go ask on our forum.
    3. Turn on your iphone, no matter what state it is. If the problem is precisely that it does not light.
    4. Press the Power button (top) and the Home button (bottom) and hold them pressed
    5. When the screen turns off, immediately release the power button (above) but always keep the Home button (at bottom) button
    6. Wait until iTunes detects an iPhone in recovery mode
    7. You just have to press the "Restore" button, iTunes will restore your iPhone in its original state
    For more troubleshoot, check out this discussion:
    iphone 4 got stucked in recovery mode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast