Thread: Windows Live Error: "The user name or password you have entered is incorrect" when accessing through Mobile phone

Windows Live Error: "The user name or password you have entered is incorrect" when accessing through Mobile phone

I am having one issue with the accessing of the account through the mobile phone. I am trying to access the Windows Live Account through the mobile phone i am getting the error i.e. "The user name or password you have entered is incorrect". I have checked the username and password for many time. The same username and password is working proper when logging through the Computer. I am unable to get it with the issue of mine. If any one have gone through the issue then please let me know about the working solution for same. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Live Error: "The user name or password you have entered is incorrect" when accessing through Mobile phone

The very first thing that i would like to ask you is nothing but the name of your device which will make me ease to provide you the proper solution. So if you can then provide me the detail of your mobile. Anyways till that time check whether you are using the correct method of server setting for the account of yours. Also it is advisable to use the shorter length password as mobile phones are having the limitation for Password. So if you can then check this things and see whether you are properly configuring your mobile phone or not.

Re: Windows Live Error: "The user name or password you have entered is incorrect" when accessing through Mobile phone

First check whether your device supports the ActiveSync or not. If the device is not supporting the activesync then it is not possible for you to get connectivity with the Windows Live Account without the activesync. So confirm first that your device will support the ActiveSync or not. Here are the list for the supported device:

1. Windows Mobile 6.1
    2. Windows Phone 7
    3. iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
    4. Nokia E-series, S-series, N-series running Mail for Exchange application

Some of the mobile phone only supports the one ActiveSync profile. If there is more then one profile exist then there might be conflict between the same. In that case you have to delete the one profile and keep only one profile for synchronization. Just follow the step given below for same.
    • Enter the URL as "m.hotmail.com "
    • Enter Username: Enter teh correct username with domain info
    • Domain Name : Leave it blank
    • Enable SSL
    • Accept the SSL certificate when prompted
    • Enable Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Tasks

If you are having the iPhone and getting the same error then i can advise you to go with the below given step that will help you to resolve the issue with the same. So if you can then follow the same and see whether this is working for you or not.

• Tap on Settings. Under Settings, click on “Mail, Contacts, Calendar”.
    • Tap on “Add Account” in the Accounts page.
    • Tap on “Microsoft Exchange” to configure Hotmail access.
    • Enter your full Hotmail email address in both Email and Username fields. Leave Domain blank. Enter your password. In the Description field, enter a name, e.g Hotmail.
    • Please note that you may have to wait a few seconds after step 4 before the 'Server name' field appears.
    • Enter m.hotmail.com for the Server name.
    • If access succeeds, you will see this page. Select the data to sync. Tap on Save.

I am having the problem with the same and let me tell you that i am using the Nokia phone which i have resolved with the below given step. If you can then go through the below given step that will help you for same.

1. Click on “ActiveSync” under Start menu or under Programs.
    2. Click on the link above to configure the ActiveSync profile for Hotmail access. You may need to delete the existing profile if it is already in use.
    3. Disable automatic detection of Exchange server settings.
    4. Enter your full Hotmail address in User name field. Enter password. Leave Domain blank.
    5. Enter m.hotmail.com in the Server address field.
    6. Select the data to sync. Hotmail supports all 4 data types via ActiveSync.
    7. The device will connect to Hotmail ActiveSync and perform an initial sync for the selected data.
    8. Successful synchronization will result in device showing a screen like this.