Thread: Cannot access data from MicroSD card on Acer aspire 4310 Laptop

Cannot access data from MicroSD card on Acer aspire 4310 Laptop

I have taken some snapshots of my family using Coolpix S550 digital camera. After taking the photograph, it was visible in Coolpix S550 camera but the problem was occurring in Acer aspire 4310 laptop. When I connected the MicroSD into the laptop using card reader it was not identifying. I need a solution through which I can connect the MicroSD into the laptop and also use it for data transfer.

Re: Cannot access data from MicroSD card on Acer aspire 4310 Laptop

We can store data on SD card. The SD cards are small electronic devices which are used in digital camera, computer, laptop etc. when you want to connect MicroSD card into the Acer aspire 4310laptop then you need to follow the steps given below:
    1. Start the computer and now you need to connect the card reader device into any available port.
    2. After connecting the card reader you need to insert MicroSD card into it. Many of the card reader are having small arrow defining the place to insert the card.
    3. Open my computer and scroll down to other section. Select the MicroSD card drive. Now you can access the contents of MicroSD card. You can copy files from my computer and place it into MicroSD card also you can copy data from MicroSD to the laptop easily.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I connected the card reader to the USB port of the laptop. Then I inserted the MicroSD card into the card reader and the MicroSD card was identified in the my computer. Now I can transfer data. Sometimes after connecting the MicroSD card also it is not showing up and there is write protection error. I need a solution troubleshoot this problem.

After connecting the MicroSD card into the laptop if it is not showing then there might be drive problem. You can troubleshoot this problem by disconnecting all the USB devices from your laptop. After disconnecting you need to go to the device manager from the my computer and uninstall USB SD card adapter. After uninstalling restart the system. When the system restarts you need to plug in the card again and check if it is identified.

If you are not able to access the contents of MicroSD card then there might be right protection set. If the write protection switch is set to the on position then you cannot access the contents of MicroSD card. You need to remove the write protection by setting the switch to off. When the write protection switch is set to off you can add or delete contents of MicroSD card.