Thread: Dell Studio XPS 16 HDMI output fails to fill up screen

Dell Studio XPS 16 HDMI output fails to fill up screen

I have the Dell Studio XPS 16 and one more thing that I have along with this is the ATI Radeon Mobility 4670 video card. Well that is the rig that I have here and I have the 3GB of RAM here and along with that I have the HDMI output as well. Now regarding the issue that I want to get rid of from here. I do not have any issue with the Display here but when I try to establish the connection between the TV and my computer I have seen that the Screen of the TV simply does not get fill. Well there is no issue with the Image Quality here but I have seen that there is a wider black border around the Pictures that are displayed on the TV. What can you all suggest me with so that I can get rid of the BLACK border here on the TV set?

Re: Dell Studio XPS 16 HDMI output fails to fill up screen

I think that it will be really great if you can have the ATI Catalyst in your case and I think that the latest one from the ATI Catalyst 10.10 can really do the trick here. Just try to do this and let me know if the Catalyst here actually did the trick. Well I have seen that some of the issues like this have been solved in this manner and hence came up with this opinion here. Well that is the thing that I can suggest you here.

Well the new set of drivers really can help you with the drivers here and I think that it will be really great if you can have this in that manner here. Well try to have this in your case and let me know if what has been said here is true. You can have the drivers from the official site of the ATI. Well please try this and let me know if that really did the trick in your case here. If you are using the Windows 7 then I think that downloading the latest drivers here can do the trick.

Looking at the things that you have mentioned here I think that the main issue here is because of the lot of cropping and I think that you can have the issue solved once you can have the cropping disabled to some extent. Please see if at all you can do that here. Lao I just want to know if on your television do you have the VGA inout? Please let me know about this as well. Just curious to know about this. Also I think that if you have the Windows 7 on your system then I think that installing the latest drivers here can really do the trick.

I was surfing this forum and I got caught with the title that has been mentioned here and I think that I can really have something here from this. Well let me tell you that there is an option here in the ATI settings that can adjust the Scaling factor here. All you have to do is go in the Advanced ATI Control Panel. When you will be in there you will be required to see for TV display icon and make a right click on that. After that a drop down box will appear you will be required to choose the configure option there. Now you will be able o see the slider option there all you will be required to do is adjust the slider till the screen on the TV gets filled. Well I did get out in this manner and hope that you will have the solution in the similar manner here.

I do not have the Dell Studio XPS 16 with me but the thing here is that I would like to suggest you here that you can make use of the Over Scan Adjustment and see if that can help a bit here. Well the case with the ATI Catalyst is that it is really hard to find the Over Scan Adjustment here and hence I think that it will be great if you can find this. Try to find it in the Catalyst Control Center and see if that can solve the issue of yours. IF at all it do not comes out as remedy then I think that it will be great if you can try zooming the screen of the TV. And if that does make the image bigger then I think that you can make use of the Over Scan Adjustment so that the image here can be made smaller here. Well try this and let me know if that really helped in your case.