Thread: Troubleshooting lock up problem in Acer Aspire 4920

Troubleshooting lock up problem in Acer Aspire 4920

I was having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my Acer aspire 4920 Netbook. While browsing the internet last night there was virus attack on my system. Due to this virus attack my system files were corrupted. So now I want to install a new copy of windows XP on my laptop. When I started to install new operating system, my system was locking up and the setup could not complete. I need a solution for troubleshooting this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting lock up problem in Acer Aspire 4920

When you want to install new operating system then before the installation you need to check that the operating system specified requirements are met. If the requirements of particular operating system are not meet then it may cause your system to lock up during the installation. Locking up of the system when the installation is going on will cause incomplete installation of operating system. The minimum system requirements for installating windows XP operating system are 233MHz processor, 64MB of RAM, and 3GB of free hard drive space. If the requirements are met then the setup will complete and the lock up problem will not occur.

Due to bad disc inserted into the system for installing new operating system will also cause the lock up problem. When you want to install new operating then you should check the disc that it is not having nay scratch, dust and dirt. You should avoid inserting disc which is not proper. Also you need to be sure that the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM is dust free. If there is dirt or dust then the installation files may become unreadable and therefore it may cause lock up problem. You can use clean the drive by making use of can of compressed air blowing into the drive.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given, it was possible for me to resolve the problem of lockup and the installation of windows XP successful. While operating laptop in the office which is having very high humidity I am facing problem while controlling the pointer. Is there any way to through which I can control the mouse efficiently. I need a solution describing the steps for adjusting the mouse sensitivity so that the problem can be resolved.

If you are facing problem with the pointer if the touchpad then you can easily resolve. You need to do the settings in the touchpad sensitivity for controlling the mouse. The steps for controlling or adjusting the sensitivity of touchpad are given below:
    1. You need to start the Acer aspire 4920 and login into the system as administrator.
    2. Click on the start button from the desktop and select control panel.
    3. In the control panel double click on the mouse icon to open it. In the mouse properties window, click on the tab named as Device Settings. Click on the settings button to open properties window.
    4. Expand the sensitivity tab and select touch sensitivity option. In the sensitivity option, you need to move the slider to the right to reduce its sensitivity.
    5. After selecting the sensitivity click on the ok button top save it. Now you have changed the sensitivity of the mouse pointer and the problem will be resolved.