Thread: Restoring factory settings on ACER Aspire 4310 laptop without CD

Restoring factory settings on ACER Aspire 4310 laptop without CD

I was having ACER Aspire 4310 laptop. Few days before when I installed AVG antivirus it was working fine. When I restarted the system after the successful installation, AVG antivirus deleted some of the files of my Windows 7 operating system. I am not having the recovery CD of Acer company and want to restore my laptop to factory settings. I need a solution through which I can restore my laptop to factory settings and also the system files could be recovered.

Re: Restoring factory settings on ACER Aspire 4310 laptop without CD

You can restore the Acer Aspire 4310 laptop to factory settings by making use of ALT and F10 keys instead of recovery CD/DVD. Start the system and press the ALT and F10 keys simultaneously to bring the recovery menu. Follow the dialog box to recover the laptop to factory settings. Select time, language and click on the next button. Restart the laptop when the restoring process is completed.

You can also restore your laptop to default factory settings by making use of advanced boot options. To restore the laptop to factory default settings you need to follow the given steps. You should backup all your data on external devices so that I don’t get lost after restoring to factory settings. Turn off the system, restart it again and press the F8 key so the advanced boot screen appears. Click on repair computer. Select the country and click on ok button to proceed further. In the system recovery window go to the last option i.e. Restore Application. Follow the wizard and click on Full Factory Recovery. Click on next then click on ok button. After the recovery is completed click on the finish button. Start the system, now you are having default factory settings and now you can copy data from the external devices back to the laptop.

After the year 2007 onwards recovery CD/DVD are not provided by the manufacturer. Instead there has been a hidden partition on the hard drive which contains same files of a recovery CD/DVD. To restore laptop to factory settings you need to follow the below given steps:
    • Press the power button for some time to switch off your laptop.
    • Now you need to press the zero key and press the power button to start the laptop.
    • When you hear the beep sound release the zero key.
    • You need to provide the confirmation to start the system recovery.
    • Select recover to factory default software and click on the next button to proceed further.
    • Select recover to out-of-box state and then again click on the next button. Click on the next button again to start the recovery process. Your laptop will be recovered to default factory settings.

You can restore the Acer laptop to factory settings by making use of the recovery CD given by the manufacturer. To recover your ACER Aspire 4310 laptop to factory settings then you need to follow the below given steps:
    1. Start your ACER Aspire 4310 laptop and login into it as normal user.
    2. Now you need to go to start/programs/ Acer Recovery Management.
    3. In the Acer Recovery Management you will find a restore button at the bottom of the dialog box.
    4. Click on the restore button. After clicking on the restore button click on the “Restore System to Factory Default”.
    5. You need to provide confirmation in the warning dialog box to start the recovery process.
    6. Click on the start button and the laptop will be restored to default factory settings.