Thread: Boot problem of Windows XP on Lenovo G550

Boot problem of Windows XP on Lenovo G550

I have switched myself from desktop to Lenovo G550 laptop. I wanted to install new windows XP operating system on my Lenovo G550 laptop. I have downloaded and installed software named as “Paragon Partition Manager” for partitioning the hard drive. After partitioning the hard drive the setup started. The setup was interrupted in between and the system was shut down. I restarted the system but the system wasn’t booting. I need a solution for troubleshooting this problem.

Re: Boot problem of Windows XP on Lenovo G550

The operating system may have booting problem because of corrupted master boot record. Master boot record is the primary sector on the hard disk and is used for initiating the booting procedures. You need to use the Fixmbr tool at the recovery console for fixing corrupted master boot record. Boot the system using Windows XP CD and get access to the recovery console. In the recovery console type Fixmbr [device_name] where device name is the new path where you want to create a new master record.

There might be booting problem of operating system on your laptop because of Boot.ini. If the Boot.ini file is corrupted then your system will fail to boot. You need to repair the Boot.ini file so that the operating system should boot. You can make use of special recovery console to fix the Bootcfg. Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM and start the recovery console. You need to type “Bootcfg /parameter” command in the command prompt, pass “Rebuild” as parameter to recreate the Boot.ini file. After creating Boot.ini file the system will have no issue regarding booting.

When you’re Lenovo G550 laptop doesn’t boot then in that case you can make use of System Restore utility. System restores utility runs in the background of the system and monitors all of the processes going on. To use the system restore, restart the system by pressing Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys simultaneously. When the system restarts press the F8 key to enter into advanced boot options. In the advanced boot options, select safe mode and press the enter key. When the system boot in safe mode then you need to browse to the Start/All Programs/Accessories/ System Tools and in the system tools select system restore. You will get the restore wizard with “Restore My Computer to an Earlier Time” option which is selected by default. Click on next and follow the restore wizard to restoration procedure. After the restore is completed, your laptop will start booting.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to start the booting. My windows XP installation was successful. After the successful installation of driver when I rebooted the system a 0x0000000A error message was displayed. I am unaware of this error and therefore I need solution for troubleshooting this problem.

You should install updated driver. If you are getting 0x0000000A error message then there is a driver problem with your system i.e. compatibility with the system or the driver is not updated. You can solve this by removing the installed driver or roll back the driver. If uninstalling or roll backing doesn’t solve the 0x0000000A error then you can solve this by getting an updated driver from the manufacturer website.