Thread: Toshiba Satellite L505-S5990 : Windows 7 Hangs On Cold Boot -

Toshiba Satellite L505-S5990 : Windows 7 Hangs On Cold Boot -

I just buy a Toshiba Satellite L505-S5990 laptop. When I try to do the cold boot, the laptop will obtain on the way to the Welcome screen as well as freeze. There is no warning of hard drive action, furthermore I cannot acquire into Task Manager. If I perform a hard shutdown as well as reboot, it starts now very well. See at the event viewer but it does not point out any troubles. On various time it will start very well from cold, however the majority of the occasion I acquire the freeze.Any suggestions regarding to this trouble would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505-S5990 : Windows 7 Hangs On Cold Boot -

I will recommend first disconnect each and every one external devices that are attached to the PC as well as verify if you are capable on the way to boot the PC in the first try.Furthermore test if you are able on the way to start in safe mode at the extremely first try. To boot in safe mode follow the below procedure.
    1. Take away each and every one floppy disks, CDs, as well as DVDs from your PC, plus after that restart your PC.
    Go to start and click the Lock button, as well as after that click Restart.
    2. Perform one of the following: continue press F8 to start your system in safe mode.
    3. On the Advanced Boot Options, make use of the arrow keys on the way to show up the safe mode option you desire, as well as after that press ENTER.
    4. Log in using admin password.
    At what time your PC start in safe mode, you will observe the words Safe Mode.On the way to exit safe mode, reboot your PC as well as allow Windows start usually.

I be able to start into safe mode presently very well. At what time I verify the event logs subsequent to a collapse, not anything of meaning display up, further than a serious error referring on the way to an unpleasant shut down which I have to perform to restart. I now turn on the bootlog alternative, as a result with any luck if it occurs once more I might be able on the way to obtain an idea at the same time as to where the trouble lies.It is exciting that this trouble come into view to happen for a large number of public by means of windows XP, Vista, as well as now Windows 7. You would imagine that by nowadays somebody would have established a answer, or else MS would have a answer.

I too had the accurate similar problem by means of my Asus motherboard as well as originate the fix was to ensure under Advanced/USB /BIOS EHCI Hand-Off is enable.At what time I was attempting to obtain a USB hub to function. I found that the Hum were dead, however I will get what I be able to obtain.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. I might perform that. In the previous day, I have been capable on the way to start in break of day as well as it comes up just very well. I as well unchecked an amount of Toshiba utilities that begin at boot up on the way to observe if that will resolve the trouble. It appears similar to there are 10 or else 12 Toshiba things that are in the startup catalog in msconfig. Also unchecked Skype as well as something moreover.

I seem on the way to have resolved my trouble! In view of the fact that it was a new laptop as well as I did not contain anything of value able installed, I make use of the system restore CD I formed at what time I primary got it as well as perform the system restore at the time when there was no such error (near to Christmas time). I after that remove each and every one the cr-p I did not desire. From the time after that - over weeks – I do not have any more freezes.