Thread: Sony vaio blue screen after upgrading to windows 7

Sony vaio blue screen after upgrading to windows 7

I have been using a a sony vaio laptop which was installed with windows vista initially but recently after a week i have upgraded the operating system from windows vista to windows 7. And now i am getting a blue screen what is the cause of the blue screen i am really afraid is there i am missing something or is there any problem with windows 7. when i restart my windows i see an error message which says that "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer". Any fixes available

Re: Sony vaio blue screen after upgrading to windows 7

This blue screen is due to the instability of the ram, or you change your rams or the problem is because of the block (box) power that can not feed your rams electrically large capacity and high throughput (vittesse) so you remove one of your ram if you have two or you replace your RAM large capacity (which eats a lot of electricity) by another ram of average ability.

Yesterday my computer crashed with a blue screen (too fast, impossible to read what is written on it) and then reboot itself. Unfortunately, since then, I can no longer run Windows. The blue screen comes and reboot the computer just before the Welcome Windows XP.

So I try several things:
    • The ram. I have 2GB in 4 strips of 512. I tested the 4 separately, to no avail (+2 I had before, same result)
    • I don't know why, before planting, the PSU fan starts. So I try to reconnect my old PSU, but without success either.
    • Even tried changing all the BIOS settings by default. Nothing helps.

It is by seeing this message, reply, "Have you touched your graphics card", I decided to post here because I just increased the frequency of my card (6800GT> 6800 Ultra). Unfortunately, I can not (I do not know how) to put the frequency of my graphics card by default, without launching Windows.

Well, my setup:
    • P4 Prescott 3Ghz
    • 2048 RAM
    • Samsung 80GB HDD
    • Maxtor 160GB HDD
    • CG GeForce 6800GT (overclock Ultra)

If you have an idea, a big thank you in advance

It appears as the problem you have and you are trying to force the ram. Unstable when a ram is a blue screen is displayed at the uninstallation. Or it is because the frequency of your RAM is not matching odd-sized access this explains why your PC reboots sometimes fortunately the data do not affect the cell damage of memory. Remove one of your RAM chips and test with one or the other it will work.

Its always advisable to install windows 7 from scratch rather thatn upgrading the existing windows vista there are some bugs which are still not resolved. And hence you are facing this blue screen. Anyways , for the problem which you are facing i would suggest you to boot in the safe mode and then "Start with last good configuration" from the menu when pressing F8. And after the laptop restarts in safe mode it works and I can even go under win by starting normally. hope this helps.