Thread: Dell Studio 1558 bluescreen on power unplug

Dell Studio 1558 bluescreen on power unplug

I am using the Dell Studio 1558 laptop which is running with windows 7. i am facing a weird problem with my laptop. whenever i am trying to unplug my laptop from its power cable. the laptop crashes within few minutes. I am getting an error message. Finally i had to reboot my laptop. what is the reason behind this problem and hence i would like to know the reason behind this reboot. it appears to me as either the wifi driver/adapter. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Re: Dell Studio 1558 bluescreen on power unplug

Sounds like the problem is due to the Drive Verifier which deetects the PCTCore64.sys and is the main cause of this problem. Thats the reason why you were receiving the error message. I would suggest you to turn the driver verifier application off you can achieve this by following the steps which are mentioned below:
    • Go to Start Menu.
    • Type verifier in the search box.
    • Now , enter delete existing settings and click finish.
    • Finally uninstall PC Tools.

Well your operating system seems to have got corrupted and hence you will have to install an antivirus application and scan the whole system. Unplugging the laptop does not seems to be a reason so that the laptop is turned off. You can install Antivirus applications like Microsoft Security essential which are available freely. Simply logon to the Microsoft website and download it to get it installed on your system.

It appears as the point on your laptop where you insert the Power adapter is damaged or it might have loosen and hence whenever you replug it or unplug it gets restarted sometimes. So you need to verify whether this is the reason for the restart since i cannot see a reason other than this. You can take help from a hardware professional but if your laptop is still in the warranty period than i will suggest you to visit the nearest customer support of the manufacturer.

Your system is definitely corrupted and hence i think that your system needs to be repaired. You can use the Recovery CD and get your operating system repaired. Simply reboot your system and insert the Recovery CD and when the blue screen appears you need to select the option for automated system recovery. This will help you to get this problem fixed.