Thread: Need Logitech integrated webcam driver for dell xps m1210 laptop

Need Logitech integrated webcam driver for dell xps m1210 laptop

Need drivers for my Dell XPS m1210 laptop. I have been using this laptop model since last few months it was running absolutely fine without any issues. Recently i upgraded my laptop to windows 7 , here the problem started arising i got the error message webcam driver is not installed as soon as i tried to initialize the webcam. The driver and software CD can find no drivers and no softwares. i tried searching on the Internet but all in vain. It may be true for another model or operating system driver, but i can's find any drivers for my laptop. Please help....

Re: Need Logitech integrated webcam driver for dell xps m1210 laptop

As far as i know you can try to download the drivers from the windows 7 driver store, there is a huge collection of drivers for legacy devices. After downloading the same try to install the drivers in the legacy mode. Most probably the printers , modems, scanners , infrared ports etc. Even some of the other oddball devices which are not using plug and play connections. But windows will not recognize these devices automatically. i think you can get the drivers at the Dell website and get it installed to fix this matter.

The best possible solution to get this issue fixed is to get the drivers downloaded from the Dell website. if you are not able to download the drivers or if you can't find the drivers for your laptop model then simply you will have to follow the link Download Driver. Download this driver and install it on your system and now the laptop webcam will definitely work as usual.

In this matter i would suggest you to Go to Device Manager, click the Webcam, select No at this time to check for updates internet, Click Next, Select Install from a specific location (Advanced) and press next, Click Do not search. The choice of device press Next, and press Next, Click Have Disk and Browse button, locate the Drivers folder for your webcam (usually in C Dell Drivers), then go to Driver and click bcmwl5 up and press Open, Press Ok and install the logitech integrated camera Driver, then click Next finally Finish and restart the system.

Try installing the webcam drivers from the following link Dell Webcam Driver which i had given below if installing the drivers is not resolving the issue then the problem clearly indicates that there is an issue with the integrated webcam. There is some sort of hardwar failure with the device and hence you will have to get it repaired and for that you will have to call the dell support.