Thread: HP Pavilion Laptop with Bad Power Jacks

HP Pavilion Laptop with Bad Power Jacks

Hello everyone, I am having the above mentioned problem by means of my pavilion zv5000. Exactly the instant the guarantee ended I started having these troubles. I have previously spent money replacing the battery as well as adapter furthermore at the moment I’m now going on the way to obtain a fresh computer.Can anybody inform me how to fix it? I be able to make use of on the way to remain the computer departing long adequate to obtain the information of it as well as remain it charging for a several days until I’ve gotten a new PC. Any assist would be greatly respected. Also if anybody may possibly point me in the direction of a new dependable reasonably priced machine would be great. Thank you.

Re: HP Pavilion Laptop with Bad Power Jacks

Though a number of people have posted that the Media Cable is a provisional solution because of the metal used in its building, that does not give details how by means of the extension base may just be a temporary make use of (the extension base make use of the similar side connector for power that the media cable uses). I make use of the extension base, as well as for that reason the side connector, 99% of the occasion, consequently I would state that by means of the media cable would be a permanent solution.

Can somebody please, post the easiest pin out of the media connector XC1000? I would extremely much be thankful for it to acquire my laptop up as well as running!My symptom are:
    1. There is no power with no battery
    2. Does not charge yet though the jack has been set
    3. At what time the power is off plus the adaptor is linked the charge light blinks quickly as well as there is a humorous, quiet noise coming out of the battery.
    4. At what time the power is off as well as battery is detached there is no life at all.
    Thanks!

I have as well had the power jack trouble on my zv5000, buy from eBay from somebody I think knew regarding the trouble (sell as having a speaker just liability). I acquire the xc1000 cable this morning as well as at initial it appear on the way to provide the same, well documented unsustained charging troubles at the same time as the original AC adapter all the way through the power jack. I detached the battery on the way to examine if it worked on only AC power, change the battery without worrying to power down furthermore it has been charging for the past hour by means of the xc1000 cable. Anyway, what I required to inquire is that does anybody be acquainted with what the little pin-headed screws each side of the expansion port are known, as well as where to obtain them from. They absolutely help grip the xc1000 cable in position however I as well wondered if they take the AC current from the cable into the laptop.

I have been having alike troubles by means of the jack on my HP pavilion zx5000. I bought it from as a 'motherboard substitute workaround'. It is the HP Notebook All-in-One Media Cable xc1000.The helpful part regarding it is that the port cable as well attach to an AC power jack that I be able to plug my power source correct into. This allows me on the way to power my PC as well as charge the battery without plugging the power source straightforwardly into the defective jack on the PC. Things appear to be functioning well so far as well as with any luck it will keep on to work.

Responding to your query regarding whether the expansion port take the power from the port station cable into the notebook .The response is "yes". Previous to receiving my notebook power jack set (HP change the motherboard, beneath guarantee a non-issue at the same time as the notebook was just four months old), the means I obtain power to the notebook was all the way through the port station cable. At the same time as for the name of the "screws", I do not have a hint but although it would surely come into view that the earlier owner of your notebook seem to change the original hardware. Good luck!