Thread: Not able to install Sony Handycam firewire in windows 7

Not able to install Sony Handycam firewire in windows 7

I am having a Sony handycan, which is very much impressed me with the features and the look of the device. I usually use this in every Sunday while I take my holiday from my job. And used to go for capture videos of different places and so many natural calamities. Ok now come to the problem,I am not able to install the fire wire of this handycam into my windows 7 compatible machine. during the installation process, it proceed up to 50 % and suddenly stopped the process. I tried more than 10 times in a day, but not able to complete the process. Every time while it stops in 50%, I need to stop the application process from task manager. why this problem occurs, any idea on this?

Re: Not able to install Sony Handycam firewire in windows 7

I think this will might be caused for the operating system version that you are using. I suggest you to make sure that the software version that you are going to install in your machine might not be compatible with the operating system platform that you are using. So if this happens then you need to download and the install that version of the firewire from the Sony web site. I think this is the only solution. Because windows 7 does not support almost all firewire version, supports only which is compatible with its platform. so go through this, this will help you somehow.

I had the similar issue, with my Samsung digital camera firmware, which I was tried to install in my windows 78 pro compatible Sony vaio laptop. First I thought there some problem in my laptop, where this is not installing the firmware, but searching almost maximum web sites about this problem, I found that windows 7 is not support these type of firmware in its environment. so then I start searching for the solution which will help me to store the firmware if my digital camera into the machine. After a deep search about this problem I found that windows vista is compatible with the firmware version. I simply download the firmware from the manufacturer web site which is compatible with the windows vista platform. Though there is no firmware which support windows 7. So I suggest you to visit your camera manufacture web page and download the firmware of your camera which support windows vista platform.

Similar issue with my Sony camera. First issue is it not recognizing by my Dell computer which is running under windows XP platform. after that I simply reboot the machine and replug the USB cable between camera and the machine. It takes some times after detecting the new hardware but loading sometimes it flashes a message that the USB device is not recognized by the computer. I did not understand the problem and in general I reinstall the driver but now the problem I am not able to install the firmware which I got with the camera. It says that the firmware version is not compatible with the windows platform that I am using. I tried twice after reboot the machine, but got the same response from my computer. I cannot understand though I used the same firmware version in this platform, then why in the second time it directs that it not support the platform. Suggest me something to solve this issue.