Thread: SONY digital camera is not working in Dell laptop

SONY digital camera is not working in Dell laptop

My Sony digital camera is not able to detect by my Dell inspiron laptop. The machine is running with windows 7 platform, I recently upgrade the windows version from windows vista to windows 7. After capturing so many pictures by the camera I decided to store all of them in some other place because the free space is getting very low in my camera. And after that I tried to connect the camera in my laptop via USB cable, but the cable is not recognized by the laptop. I thought the problem is might be the general problem so I reboot the machine and again try to do this, but there also the same problem happens. What to do now? Any suggestion on this problem?

Re: SONY digital camera is not working in Dell laptop

This problem clearly sounds for the driver issue, so as per my opinion you try to reload the driver once in your machine. If the camera is attached with the machine, then first of all release that one also the UBS cable. Now go to the control panel and under that proceed to program and feature, there you need to locate the device driver that you installed, click on it and from the top of that window select the uninstall option. After that remove all the temporary files and the registry files from their allocated space and go for the reinstall process. Reboot the machine after reload the driver and try to connect the camera with your machine. I hope this time it will recognize the camera.

I also think that the driver is not working properly. For that go to the device manager by tape and insert Device manger into the search command line, this will open the device manager application window. Under that locate the driver; along with in that see for the drivers those are appeared as the yellow or in red color. Make sure that camera hardware is not located there, if this one over there then you need to update the driver version, and by doing this if the problem is not overcome then you simply replace the driver or go for another version of driver. For the update just right click on the device driver name and select the update option.

I would like to suggest you to first uninstall the camera hardware driver and the firmware that you installed in your machine. and also remove all the application or the files those are relating with that. Now reboot the machine and check whether there is any instances of that driver or the firmware are running in the background or not. Now run the driver installation process and install it with the process instructions. After the plug your camera with the machine and wait till the machine will direct you to detect the new hardware in the machine, if this message flashes in your laptop screen then it will automatically install the recommended driver. If this process happens then your problem solved, try with this. Along with that I suggest you to update the windows version that you are using. Some of the drivers are also depending upon the windows platform where it installed.

I recommend you a process which might be help you to resolve the issue, first of all release your handycam with the machine, if it connected. Now un-install the device driver which you installed in your machine, for that go to the control panel, look for the application and select the remove option. Along with that remove all other files or instances those are stored or running in the machine. Now reboot the machine and wait for some time. After reboot the machine now plug in the device into your machine and power on your computer. It will by default detect the device without installing any driver for that device, it might take time, wait till it flash the message of detecting the device. I had the similar issue with Kodak digital camera, this was also having the similar issue, but this simple process I can able to resolve the issue very easily. Try this one; I hope this will definitely help you.