Thread: Xpadder is not detecting PS3 Controller

Xpadder is not detecting PS3 Controller

MY PC uses Xpadder for its Xbox 360 Controller for playing games and it working perfectly. I can easily play any games using this controller. Now my question is can I make PS3 controller work with PC games. While playing from keyboard I am getting much irritation and cannot able to concentrate on the game. I tried to set it up but I failed. Xpadder is actually identifying the PS3 controller because it has some kind of profile. When I try to make button>analog>trigger setup in Xpadder, not any of the buttons are accepted or perceived. I checked the controller properly and it is functioning. Is there anything missing while setting up? Should I need to do any kind of modification? Which OS should I have to install on my PC in order to recognize the PS3 keypad? I will be looking for answer. Hope that I will get the solution as soon as possible.

Re: Xpadder is not detecting PS3 Controller

How do you connect the PS3 controller to PC? Did you try the USB port to connect it? Is the controller has been recognized by your current Windows version? I think there must be some kind of drivers needed in order to detect the USB device (if you are connecting via USB). Search for such kind of drivers that makes the controller to detect in either PC or Xpadder. If the windows recognizes, it will appear under the side of game controllers. Then you can easily customize it with your Xpadder.Use same model but different controller and see whether it will work or not.

The Windows OS requires drivers in order to detect or work with Xbox controller. As far as I know there are no official drivers online to download or to update. The Sony didn’t enable this feature for PS3 controller yet I think. But I think there are some kind of homemade drivers are available in some sites. You should search for it. Otherwise you may need either to change the OS or its service pack.

It might be possible that the Xpadder itself not capable of detecting some controllers even after it has detected by Windows. You may need to refer any other alternative way to utilize the task. I have one option that is use joy2key instead of xpadder. I am telling my experience because the joy2key can detect and accept input or request from any kind of weird third party devices or controllers. The PS3 guitar hero controller is working without any reason to complaint. Make sure that you have installed the latest Xpadder in your PC.

To Detect Your PS3 Controller
    • Go to Control Panel > > Game Controllers.
    • There Select the Play station 3 controllers and choose their Properties
    • In the properties dialog window move both the analog sticks and press the buttons. At this time the cursor and bars will shift in the Axis section. You will see the changes the numbers in the Buttons area will light up.
    • If you able to get output then assume that the controller is accurately detected and functioning fine.

In order to use PS3 Controller either in Windows XP or Vista, you need to perform following things.
    • Download and install the filter driver for PS3 controller (libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe).
    • Extract the Zip folder that you have downloaded and unpack ps3sixaxis_en.exe
    • Connect the PS3 SIXAXIS into PC USB port.
    • Double click on ps3sixaxis_en.exe once. You will see a command prompt window for a few seconds.
    • After that for at least 2-3 seconds press and hold the PS button on that controller.