Thread: Not installing HP Deskjet 960c in my windows 7 machine

Not installing HP Deskjet 960c in my windows 7 machine

I am not able to install HP Desk Jet 960c printer in my machine, which I bought recent for some of the basic printing process. But the problem is that while I attempt to install the printer software it flashes a message in the screen that the machine is not compatible with the machine environment. not allowed me to install the driver in my machine. I am using a windows 7 compatible HP computer which is specified with 2GB RAM and 256 GB hard drive. How could I install that one into my machine. Any information on this will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Kardashian; 09-12-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Re: Not installing HP Deskjet 960c in my windows 7 machine

Just try to install the printer driver from the administrator prompt. In this way you will might be able to install that one. For that insert the installation disk into the ROM drive and right click on the installation icon, select the run with administrator option. It will first of all ask you for inserting the administrator password in your machine to begin the process. Insert and by simply following the instructions install that one into your machine. Some of the driver in windows 7 are not allowed to install from the direct installation process, you need to install that one from the administrator [prompt. So I hope from this prompt you will definitely been able to install the driver.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Are you sure that the driver which is give along with the printer is compatible with machine environment that you are having. Windows 7 platform does not allow all the derives. So first of all be sure that you are using the correct one. If you found that you are not using the correct one the n I suggest you to download and install the windows vista compatible driver in your machine, this will also be support windows 7 platform. Download that driver from the printer manufacturer site, by simply provide the operation system version that you are using.

This problem might be happened for the hardware driver of your printer. Did you properly install the driver in your machine? I recommend you to remove that one from your machine. For that you locate the driver from program and features under control panel and then. Now remove all other files those are related with the driver application from program file folder and temporary directory. Now re-install the driver in a fresh way and re-plug your printer with the machine and wait till this new hardware will detect the device. Some of these type of problem may if there is any instance of that [particular application is running in the background of the machine or simply from where you are trying to install the application is crashed. So before do anything be sure that there no instance is running in the background.