Thread: Need a memory upgrade for my Macbook Air

Need a memory upgrade for my Macbook Air

Hi I have decided to upgrade the memory of my Macbook Air and need assistance in it. Actually I need the 8GB of RAM and 1 TB of hard disk. Now one thing is worrying me here is that the processor I am having the 1.4 GHz processor and will it work on these memory configuration or have to upgrade it to the 1.6 GHz. Please help me in this case and also let me know the best combination for my system

Re: Need a memory upgrade for my Macbook Air

As per my knowledge you are not able to upgrade a ram on the Macbook air because it is soldered and fixed on the board itself. So upgrading the RAM is useless because u can’t do the same. I think you can change the hard disk up to 1 TB but I am not aware whether it will support the processor or not, so please confirm before you try and change anything.

According to me there is no need of changing the processor because it will go fine with the 1.4 GHz . I am also having the same with 1TB and it is being serving me the best. I am sure that upgrading the system will do wonders for you. So do it will give more memory space and also the speed will affect. But one thing I would like to tell you here is that if you are opting for the 1TB hard disk then why you don’t look out for the Macbook pro. Instead of changing the configuration change the laptop itself. Because it may happen that system will not hold up with the more memory and also one limitation is it is that you can’t change the ram.
    Last edited by Iroquois; 09-12-2010 at 03:31 AM.

Well I guess upgrading the system without the assistance of experts may harm your system. So contact the apple support and let them know what you want to do with your system and also all the details regarding the upgradation, I am sure that they will guide you well and also solve all your queries. I hope in their assistance you will be able to resolve the problem.