Thread: Unable to Install Media Direct on my Dell Vostro 1500

Unable to Install Media Direct on my Dell Vostro 1500

Hi I am having Dell vostro 1500 laptop and using it from last few months. The thing here is that recently I have reinstalled the Windows XP after that my CD ROM is not able to play the movies. The thing here is that I know very well that OS installation has nothing to do with the CD ROM. But o don't know what is wrong with it. I have also tried to install the media direct but somehow it is not letting me to do the same. Please help me to solve the issue.

Re: Unable to Install Media Direct on my Dell Vostro 1500

First of all you have to check out with the CD ROM whether it is doing well with the audio CD. I mean to say that if you are not able to play the audio file also then there is definitely something wrong with the CD ROM. So try and use any other and connect it with the system and see whether it works and it plays the video files then just do one thing is that replace the cd rom of yours with any other one.

Well if this is the case then the media direct will definitely help you but as said by you that you are not able to install it on the system, then here are the steps that will help you to install the media direct on your system.
    • First of all inset the disk containing the media direct and then install on the system.
    • It will create a fresh partition to deal with.
    • Then you have to install the operating system you want.
    • And then just load the media direct over it. I am sure that installing media direct will not give you problem in futures

Well if it is not letting you to install it on the system because the User Access Control if ON. So first OFF the users account control and then try to install the media direct I am sure it will be installed without any error and also you will not get any error. And you can turn of the user control by just going to the control panel and opening the user account and family safety option there you will find the user account option so just click on it and then off the user account control.

The media direct is the third party application by Dell and the laptop that you have ids also of DELL and if there are problems related with them then the best person that will help you to solve the issue it the DELL customer support. So visit the dell customer support and let them know that problem that you are facing in detail. I hope that they will help you to fix the issue.