Thread: Adapter does not charge the battery of my HP DV6 laptop

Adapter does not charge the battery of my HP DV6 laptop

I have an Hp DV6 laptop running on windows vista operating system. I have recently upgraded my OS from vista to XP. After doing this up gradation now when I plugged my adapter with the in my laptop, then I founded that the adapter was not charge the battery in my laptop. Is there any method using which i can solve this problem. Do recommend me the one. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Adapter does not charge the battery of my HP DV6 laptop

I think some problem might have occurred while up gradating your system from vista to XP, so for solving this problem I will recommend to perform a system restore to the point where the system was working fine. This solution will really help you to fix your issue. Even I have used this solution several times on my laptop, and I will like to tell you that it is really a nice one as it helps in solving the problem. So try it out and see what outcome you get after trying this solution. Hope this will help you.

Several days back even I was experiencing the same problem with my laptop. At that time I was able to fix my problem using a solution so I will like to share the same solution with you. First remove the battery from your laptop and after removing the battery try t press and hold the power button for approximately 15 to 20 sec and then release the button. Once you have done that now try to insert the place the battery back in the laptop. After that turn you laptop and now connect you adapter. Check whether it is charging your battery or not. I think this will help you out.

Even I am facing the same problem on my laptop. I have tried to reinstall the operating several several time. I have also already tried the solution of holding down the power button for 20 sec in the laptop. Even after trying all this fixes I am still facing the same problem. The problem is now really frustrating me a lot as it is not getting solved out even after going through this fixes. Is there any other solution using which I can solve this issue. If you have any such fix with you, then please post it here. Thanks.