Thread: New HDD for HP G60

New HDD for HP G60

Recently I have noticed that my HDD is failing in my HP G60 laptop, so that I need to swap it. Unluckily when I looked into the HP's website, it says that the component cannot be ordered. When I contacted to customer service center they sent me to a web site which is used to find authorized resellers. But I found only one within 50 miles in that site and that is Walmart. As far as I know the Walmart is not selling any kind of internal components like HDD. Now my question is, is it really needed to use their HDD? Can I use any other HDD with same Specification? Will it going to work if I use other HDD. I don’t know what to do and whom to ask? SO I have decided to post it here hoping that someone will going to help me.

Re: New HDD for HP G60

I think you can use any model of HDD rather the same one. You can refer the HP support site for list HDD that will going to support G60. You will not get any issue while connecting or using it. The only problem is whether the restore CD that came along with your laptop will work or not. It might be possible that some new replaced HDD will not work with recovery or restore CD. That is only the problem left I think otherwise no issue at all.

If the HDD is still working then why do you need to replace it? What issues you are getting in this laptop? Is it causing the OS or the stored Data? If your answer is no then I urge you to buy a portable external USB HDD. It will cost you much; also you won’t get any issue in this. You will get a wide variety of choices in this. The new HDD may not support the HP G60 because if BIOS lock.

I have found I good HDD for you. That is 250GB HARD DISK DRIVE/HDD which is specially for HP PAVILION G60-230US G60-235DX HDX18T. i think this model will work for you.
    • Interface: SATA,
    • Capacity: 250GB, RPM: 5400RPM, Cache: 8MB, Size: 2.5Inchs
    • Package: 250GB 5400RPM HDD
    • Product has 3 Years Warranty

If you are looking for replacement go for SATA II HDD. These will work perfectly in HP G60. SATA and SATA-II are premeditated to be compatible, so you can use a SATA drive on a SATA II compatible laptop and vice versa. Now the new generations SATA are much change though. The issue is only about the speed. The as the speed increases the battery backup time decreases.