Thread: Gateway laptop DVD drive for replacement

Gateway laptop DVD drive for replacement

I won a Gateway laptop 7426GX which came along with TSST Corp CD/DVDW TS-L532A drive. But now I want to replace the DVD drive with a new one. The current one which I have been using makes lot of noise and vibration. So I need an equivalent compatible driver for this laptop. It may be either DVR/RW or Blu ray drive. Also tell me how to attach a new one to the gateway laptop. Is it same as other laptop? Give me some choices of compatible DVD or combo drive so that I can choose a proper one. I don’t matter about the cost of the drive. All I need is a good and functional one. Thanks for any kind of help in advance.

Re: Gateway laptop DVD drive for replacement

You can take out the Gateway laptop's DVD drive from its slot and swap it with a fresh one. Replacing a DVD drive have need of at least a nominal amount of technological proficiency, because you must take away your laptop's keyboard and bezel to pull out the old DVD drive from the Gateway computer. Therefore before attempting to formulate any foremost changes to laptop, it's suggested that you should have a few knowledge working with computer hardware so that nothing goes wrong. If something will going to break then you may need to replace the entire motherboard of the laptop.

Before removing the DVD drive make sure to remove power cable and adapter and also the battery. Then you will need to take out the keyboard first. Do not disconnect he keyboard connector, just lift the keyboard and put it aside. Then remove the 2 screws holding the Drive and release it slowly from its bay. Gently remove the cable attached to it. Then same way insert the new DVD drive to the bay and connect the wire. Push it tightly in the bay so that it will sit properly. Now insert the 2 screws. Replace the keyboard to its original position and put the 4 screws back to its position. Now put the Bezel back by ensuring that there should not be any damage to the laptop screen. Recheck the assembling before connecting the battery and then put eh battery to its position. Now you are good to go.

When I searched into the Google I didn’t find any compatible DVD Drive for your model of laptop. I think you should again buy the same model of DVD drive in order for replacement. If your drive is making much noise then I think you need to perform some service rather than buying new one. The Hardware technicians will clear the any issue it is due to the Hardware failure itself. Otherwise you need to re-install the OS. Because if your computer has been infected by a virus then it might be possible that the DVD drive will struggle on reading the disc which will cause to noise.