Thread: How to unlock the hard drive on Hp pavillion zv5000 laptop

How to unlock the hard drive on Hp pavillion zv5000 laptop

I have recently purchased an hp pavillion zv5000 laptop. I don’t have any issue related with the laptop. But the problem I am experiencing is that a pass word was being assigned to the hard drive of my laptop. I have now forgotten the hard drive password to my hp pavilion laptop. Due to this reason the laptop is locked up and I am not able to use it out. Does anyone there have any idea related with this issue? Please do help me out and try to post you reply as early as you can.

Re: How to unlock the hard drive on Hp pavillion zv5000 laptop

I have referred you post and I will like to tell you that if you have forgotten your DriveLock user password, but if you remember the DriveLock master password, then you can solve your problem. The DriveLock master password will help you to remove DriveLock protection from your hard drive. So if you remember this master password, then try it out to solve your problem. Hope have helped you.

Even I am facing the same problem with my laptop. I have also forgotten the password, due to which my laptop is locked up. As in the above post it is mentioned that the DriveLock master password will solve this problem, I even cannot try out this solution because I don’t know even that master password. This problem is now irritating me a lot as I have kept some important data on my laptop and I am requiring that data very urgently. Please do help as I greatly need your help.

If you have forgotten both DriveLock user password and DriveLock master password, then in this condition you don’t have any option left with you. For solving it out you will require to make contact with the HP support team. Explain them your problem and I hope that they will find some solution using which they will be able to solve your problem. Good luck.

Thanks from the reply. I have tried you solution of using the DriveLock master password for unlocking my DriveLock user password for my hard drive and after trying out this solution I was able to unlock the my hard drive . So it was really a wonderful solution and without you help I would have not been able to solve my problem. So I will like to thank you out for your kind support.