Thread: Troubleshooting vertical lines on HP Pavilion zd8000 series

Troubleshooting vertical lines on HP Pavilion zd8000 series

I was having desktop with Microsoft windows vista home premium. Now I have switched myself from desktop to HP Pavilion zd8000 laptop. I am having windows 7 operating system installed on it. From last few weeks I am facing problems with my laptop. As soon as my laptop starts there is a display problem such as a vertical lines start appearing. I tried restarting the laptop so that I can fix this problem but restarting couldn’t help. I need a solution to troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting vertical lines on HP Pavilion zd8000 series

If you are having all the drivers of the system installed properly then your system will work fine. If there is display problem then you might not have installed the driver properly. Laptop uses liquid screen display for displaying. If there is display problem with your laptop such as lines appearing then you should uninstall the graphics driver, reinstall it again and check if the problem persists again.

You can also try unplugging the video cable. Unplug the cable from the connector which is situated at the back of the laptop screen. After unplugging the cable wait for few seconds and then plug it again. If the lines were appearing because of the cable then unplugging, plugging cable may solve the vertical lines problem and the system will work fine.

The vertical lines might be appearing because of the display settings. You might need to configure the display settings of the laptop. After configuring the display settings restart the system and the vertical lines problems will be solved. If configuring the display settings doesn't resolve the vertical lines problems then there might be connection issues. You need to remove the display panel from the back of the screen and check that the vertical lines problem has been solved by reconnecting the display panel again. Removing the display panel may solve the connection issues and vertical lines problem may be solved.

The vertical lines problem may be because of the cord problem. You can fix the cord problem by restarting the laptop and turn the video cable. If your lines issue was not resolved by unplugging and plugging the cable then may be moving the cable may fix the lines problem. If the lines are affected by movement of the cable then there is problem with the cable and it has to be replaced.

The degaussing option is used to resolve the distortion problem. You can also fix the laptop issue the making use of “Degauss” option available in the laptop. You can use the degauss option by starting the laptop and then click on the degauss option. This may solve the vertical lines problem because the system normally degauss itself when it system starts.