Thread: Driver failure error in Dell XPS laptop

Driver failure error in Dell XPS laptop

Having a Dell XPS laptop with the windows XP platform which is very much impressed me with the featured and the looks. The purpose of using this machine is mainly for playing game, I am ok with the performance of this machine for gaming. I configure the laptop with two GeForce 8700M cards for getting better graphics performance. But now the driver is crashed, I found this error message while in yesterday I first open the machine to play game. I thought there is a problem in the game application. And for the confirmation I tried to play a video, which gives the same result. I don’t want to go for other graphics drive in this machine. Is there any other way to resolve this issue? Any information regarding this issue will be thanks.

Re: Driver failure error in Dell XPS laptop

Which game you tried to play in your machine. I don’t think so the drover is crashed. Once try by re-install the game again in your machine. this might be any problem in the game application. So if this then simply b ere-install that you will easily overcome the problem. So for the first of you have to un-install all application and settings of that game from your machine. In between I would like to suggest you to install DirectX program in your machine, this application program is compatible with any windows platform. This is also used for better gaming performance. Configure the program with the graphical interface that you are using and the try to open the game in your machine.

Though this is directly shows you the cause of the problem which is driver, then what need to go for other ways. Close all the programs those are running in your machine. Now go to process tab under task manager and from there be sure that any instance of the interface is not running in the background. From the program and feature under control panel select the device driver and un-install it. Now insert the driver installation disk into your ROM drive and run the installation file, this will ask you for the windows permission. Make this and follow the on screen instructions to install the driver in to you machine. Reboot the machine and check whether the problem is gone or not. If the problem still situate there then download the latest version of driver which is installed in your machine.

Almost all the driver which is use for the computer and the laptop are must compatible with the windows version that you are using in your machine. So I suggest you to go for the windows update option. From the control panel you need to locate windows update option and from that window click on windows update. It will first collect the update information of windows version then and will ask you for the download the update file in your file, click on download. After download all updated file it will direct you to install those files. It also contains the driver information files for your machine according to the windows platform.

Relevant issue in my machine, which is not responding on any graphical task. The problem is occurred while I was playing NFS MOST WANTED in my machine. The machine is configured as NVIDI Athalon x4 graphics card along with that 2 GB RAM and 256 GB hard disk. During playing the game the machine stopped working regarding graphics, stopped movement of nay selection both in the game application and in other windows environment. After that I close the game from the process tab under task manager. After that when I tried to reopen the game application, it flashes for few while in the machine and then automatically close the application window. Is this problem basically for the gaming or anything else? Suggest me something to solve this issue.

I suggest you to once re-install the game which is played in your machine. as per my knowledge this game is no need to install in your machine. You may also play this file simply by mount the game application file in your machine. For that you need a virtual software for windows XP and vista install Daemon toll and for windows 7 install other virtual software those are compatible with the windows environment. Now right click on the task manager virtual icon and select mount option, remember that you need to store the game installation folder in your machine before this operation. select the first image file and mount with the application, in this way mount all other image files and then go to the first virtual drive and explore the drive under that the installation file will be stored, run that one and go through the instructions which will flashes in your screen. Try with this installation process; I think this will not create any problem.