Thread: Compaq Presario c700 laptop does not show any display after changing LCD

Compaq Presario c700 laptop does not show any display after changing LCD

I am using a Compaq Presario c700 laptop. As few days before the LCD on my laptop was crashed, so I had to change my LCD with the new one. After changing the LCD when first time I i turned on my laptop, then was not able to see any display on the screen. I am only able to see the light which indicates that the laptop is on, but still not able to see ant thing on the screen. I don’t have much idea related with this problem, so I need you support in order to solve this problem. If you have even slight knowledge about the problem, then does post you reply. Thanks.
    Last edited by Looneytoons; 08-12-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Re: Compaq Presario c700 laptop does not show any display after changing LCD

After going through your problem I will suggest you to starting the laptop in Safe Mode. This because an after doing this you might be able to fix you problem. You can do this by restarting the system and as the laptop start you need to press the F8 key on the keyboard. I have also tried this particular solution twice on my laptop and I will like to tell you that it really solve the problem. If you need more help on this issue, try to reply me back. Hope have helped you.

Have you tried to connect external display to your laptop? If not then try it out. Because after tying this fix you will come to know when the problem is in your system or still it is in your new LCD. If the external screen is working fine then, then the problem is definitely with the connector or the screen. You can check the backlight failure by shining a torch at the laptop screen. You can try out all this fixes which I have mentioned here. I hope that it will help you out in solving your problem.

I am also facing the same problem with my laptop. I have recently purchased a new lcd screen for my laptop and after changing the screen of my laptop, I am not able to see the display on my screen. I have already tried the solution of running the system in safe mode by pressing the F8 key, but it does not make any difference to my problem. Still getting the dark black screen on monitor. Is the problem related with the LCD again? I am now struck with this problem and not finding any way to come out of it. Please help. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried you solution of running the system in safe mode and really after doing that I was able to solve my problem. Now when i start the laptop, it starts normally and even the display on the monitor is proper. It was really a wonderful solution as it solved my problem and for this help I will like to thank you once again.